Horizontal Navigation Bar Module

The theme I am using is "achancube" which provides a horizontal navigation bar. However the field present for the moment on the bar are, Home , Products, Information and Top Seller. I was wondering if there is a way I could edit these fields. For example, I would like to have "Featured Product" instead of "Top Seller" or even add a field called "Contact".

Thanks

I am not sure of your configuration of this template.

It could be pulling in and displaying your Prestashop CMS items, or they could be hardcoded to show only these items.

You would need to look into your template files.

If you could post a link we could help more.

Sorry I do not know that template, nor have a copy of it so its difficult to help more.
Take a look at your header.tpl file, and it will show where it includes the navigation.. then you can see what it is pulling in from there.

Hi,
Looks like you have a module in /modules/categoriesbar/ which is generating this navbar. Take a look in there to see how the links are loaded in.

Look in your template theme to see if you have a /modules/categoriesbar module in your theme, or look in your main modules directory also.

Hi airbag,

I looked under modules/categoriesbar and found a categoriesbar.tpl. I am still novice at reading codes, so I am not sure which code I need to replace and with what.

Here's the code:

[removed][removed]
<!-- Categories Bar module -->

<!--

• {foreach from=$categoriesLevel.children item=child name=categoriesLevel}
    {if $smarty.foreach.categoriesLevel.last}
    {include file=$bar_tpl_path node=$child last='true'}
    {else}
    {include file=$bar_tpl_path node=$child}
    {/if}
    {/foreach}
-->

<!-- /Categories Bar module -->
[removed]cssdropdown.startchrome("chromemenu")[removed]

Hello,
Yes you can see your "Home" link is coded in there, then a link to your "products",
then you have some CMS dropdown pages loading in under the one called "Information"
then a link to your Top Sellers, and finally your shopping cart code.

So all the ones under the Information are your CMS pages by the looks, and the other ones are coded in to show there.
If you want to add new ones you will need to add the code within a YOURCODE tags so they show on the bar.

Hi airbag,

Thanks for your advice. I am almost there. The only problem is, I am trying to replace "Top Seller" with "Featured Product" and I cannot find the file corresponding to featured product. The file corresponding to Top Seller seems to be best-sales.php but I cannot find for the other one.

Also one other thing I just happened to realize. On the homepage, the middle part where you have all the "Featured Products" displayed, should not you be able to click on the text featured products (in this case "Produits Populaires) and go to a page which will display all the products under that category? I wonder why it is not clickable at the moment.

Yes I found that out and replaced best-sales.php with homefeatured.php. Then when I clicked on the link, it went to page not found error.

best-sales.php was located on "shop" folder, where as homefeatured.php is located under shop/modules/homefeatured/ folder. I even wrote out the entire path, and it still did not work.

Yes these pages are made to work differently so it will not work like that.
The featured module is made to be published in a module Hook position in the template and not displayed directly like the best-sales.php page is.

Why do you not make a category called "Featured Products, and add your products to this, then link to that category page?

Well, there already is a featured product module called "homefeatured". I have added products under this category. All I would like to do is be able to replace "Best Sales" from the navigation bar by the "homefeatured" module. I have even located where the files are but I am having problem as to how to code it.

• 3 months later...