[SOLVED]HTML tags shown on Manufacturer description

I just tested this on my site and it worked fine. I added bold text to the manufacturer description and it displayed as bold instead of displaying the tags. Can you provide a screenshot of the description you entered on the Catalog > Manufacturers tab? Did you enter the tags in HTML view or WYSIWYG view?

I did not do it personally, my colleague is in charge of updating the content. He does not have any coding skills so I guess he used the WYSWYG editor.
He probably copied the description from another website we have with Drupal. I suggested him to copy the text, paste on Notepad, check it and then copy from there and paste on Prestashop. He did not get back to me yet but in the meanwhile I wanted to know if there is something I can do on the source files to avoid this in the future.

Thank you

I don't think there is much you can do. If you simply paste HTML content into TinyMCE, it will convert the HTML tags into the required code to display it as plain text. You need to click the HTML button in the toolbar and paste the HTML in there instead.

• 2 weeks later...

I solved everything replacing the tpl files on my custom theme with the tpl of the basic Prestashop theme.

I modified the css files to get white background when I need to edit text using the back office.