Upgrade from 1.2 to 1.3 and FuturePop Theme

Hello,
I upgraded to Prestashop 1.3 yesterday and the upgrade went smoothly. However, the theme I used before does not seem to work properly now. The theme is from the Prestashop Store and it is called FuturePop.

I purchased the FuturePop theme for my PrestaShop store. It worked perfectly for PrestaShop 1.2 but, after upgrading to 1.3, it now does not work properly. I am having issues such as misalignment of new products in the "recently viewed" list, and misalignment of products and product descriptions in the "Featured Products" panel are now occuring.

I just now downloaded a new copy of FuturePop and installed it, but, it still does not work properly. The text on the FuturePop description says it supports 1.3?

Has the FuturePop theme been upgraded yet to be compatible with PrestaShop 1.3? If so, how can I obtain a patch and/or new copy?

Or does anyone know how to contact the author of the theme?

The CSS code convention was changed between PrestaShop v1.2 and PrestaShop v1.3, so it's easy to see which themes have been updated for PrestaShop v1.3 and which haven't. Check whether the last line in each block in your global.css has a semicolon at the end. If it doesn't, then it is a PrestaShop v1.3 theme. If it does, then it is a PrestaShop v1.2.5 or earlier theme. You should contact PrestaStore or the author of the theme and ask for the theme to be updated to work in PrestaShop v1.3. If you paid for the theme, then they should do the upgrade.

Thank you for the quick response. Much appreciated. Although I am a programmer, I have never had to deal with css and most html. Here is a snippet from the FuturePop global css. Would you happen to know if this is the "old style" css or new?

FuturePop

/* Block Viewed Products */
div#viewed-products_block_left div.block_content ul.products li{
   height:85px;
   }
div#viewed-products_block_left div.block_content ul.products li img{
   margin-right:7px;
   }

/* Block newsletter */
div#newsletter_block_left div.block_content{
   padding:1em 0;
   text-align:center;
   }
div#newsletter_block_left div.block_content p{
   padding:0.3em 0;
   }
div#newsletter_block_left div.block_content input.button_mini{
   margin:1em auto 0em auto;
   }

/* Block RSS */
div#rss_block_left p{
   margin:0.5em 0;
   }

/* Block logo payment */
div.paiement_logo_block{
   margin-bottom:10px;
   }

Here is the same block from the Prestashop global css

/* Block Viewed Products */
div#viewed-products_block_left div.block_content ul.products li { 
   margin-top: 0;
   padding: 4px 0 0 
}
div#viewed-products_block_left div.block_content ul.products li img { margin-right: 7px }

/* Block newsletter */
div#newsletter_block_left div.block_content { padding: 1em 0; text-align: center }
div#newsletter_block_left div.block_content p { padding: 0.3em 0; text-align: center }
div#newsletter_block_left div.block_content input.button_mini { margin: 1em auto 0em auto }

/* Block RSS */
div#rss_block_left p { margin: 0.5em 0; text-align: center }

/* Block logo payment */
div.paiement_logo_block { width: 191px; text-align: center; margin-bottom: 1.5em }
div.paiement_logo_block a { text-decoration: none }
div.paiement_logo_block img { margin: 0 0.5em }

I did pay for this theme a few months ago. Yesterday, I logged onto the Prestashop store and looked at their ad for this theme. It definitly is advertised as a 1.3 compatible theme. I sent them a pre-sales and post-sales question asking them for help and/or clarification, but, so far, no reply. I re-downloaded the theme and re-applied it to my store, but, it still does not work. I switched my theme from FuturePop to Prestashop's default and it works perfectly, so I am pretty sure it is just a theme issue with FuturePop.

From looking at your website, it looks like you do this kind of work. If I sent you the zipped theme, could you take a look at it and let me know what you think it would cost to update it to work with 1.3?

If not, could you point me in the right direction so I can read up on how to modify a 1.2 theme to 1.3?

Any direction and/or guidance you could give me would be greatly appreciated!!

To upgrade a theme from PrestaShop v1.2.5 to PrestaShop v1.3, you must compare the theme to to the original PrestaShop v1.2.5 theme and try to make the same changes to the default PrestaShop v1.3 theme. It can be time-consuming to do. I already working of a theme for someone now, so I don't have time to do this for you and the moment.