Query issue

What i'm I doing wrong ? 

$result = Db::getInstance()->execute('UPDATE `'._DB_PREFIX_.'orders` SET `delivery_date` = '.$planning_delivery->date_delivery);

Notice: Undefined variable: planning_delivery in /homepages/39/d606972938/htdocs/prestashop-uat/modules/planningdeliverybycarrier/planningdeliverybycarrier.php on line 557

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /homepages/39/d606972938/htdocs/prestashop-uat/modules/planningdeliverybycarrier/planningdeliverybycarrier.php on line 557
[PrestaShopDatabaseException]

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

UPDATE `ps_orders` SET `delivery_date` = 

at line 791 in file classes/db/Db.php
786.         if ($webservice_call && $errno) {
787.             $dbg = debug_backtrace();
788.             WebserviceRequest::getInstance()->setError(500, '[SQL Error] '.$this->getMsgError().'. From '.(isset($dbg[3]['class']) ? $dbg[3]['class'] : '').'->'.$dbg[3]['function'].'() Query was : '.$sql, 97);
789.         } elseif (_PS_DEBUG_SQL_ && $errno && !defined('PS_INSTALLATION_IN_PROGRESS')) {
790.             if ($sql) {
791.                 throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError().'<br /><br /><pre>'.$sql.'</pre>');
792.             }
794.             throw new PrestaShopDatabaseException($this->getMsgError());
795.         }
796.     }

Thanks for your help...

you use some custom module and the problem is with this addon.

we dont know the code that this module has, but the error says that variable in this code: $planning_delivery does not exist 

so in effect you've got error in mysql query

in this case it is necessary to analyse the code and apply fixes. Due to the fact that his is non-default module without possibility to check it its almost impossible to help. 

i think that it will be much easier to contact with module developer 

module is "planingdeliverybycarrier"

Hello Vekia,

thanks for you feedback. 

You're right it's a custom module and my support is out of date. 

I just want to update the delivery date in ps_orders when it's inserted in the related table of the module. 

I checked the code and think found the right place to do so as below, and the variable does exist, but maybe not where I put my query.

Here is the sample of code above :

code removed
Edited by Arpels (see edit history)

I got it worked with the following :

Db::getInstance()->execute('UPDATE `'._DB_PREFIX_.'orders` SET `delivery_date`='.$planning_delivery->date_delivery.' WHERE `id_order` = '.$params['order']->id);

But I have this message :

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '00:00:00 WHERE `id_order` = 141' at line 1

query fired : UPDATE `ps_orders` SET `delivery_date`=2017-03-22 00:00:00 WHERE `id_order` = 141

Edited by Arpels (see edit history)

Hello,

Thanks, the error is gone, but the datatable fields don't get updated.

I think it's because the insertion of the ps_order rows is made after my UPDATE query.

How can I make achieve my update afterward ?