Footer hook isn't triggered on Checkout page - PrestaShop 1.7

Hey guys, 

I have a hook registered on footer (from a module) but I've seen it's not triggered on the checkout page. It works on the other pages, only on that particular one. And this is only on PrestaShop 1.7, because the same code on 1.6 and 1.5 works fine. 
Has anyone encountered something like this?

Thanks!

This is by design. PrestaShop v1.7 has a separate simplified header and footer just for checkout pages to reduce distractions. The idea is that customers should finish checking out before doing anything else.

The main header and footer files are themes/classic/templates/_partials/header.tpl and footer.tpl. The checkout header and footer files are themes/classic/templates/checkout/_partials/header.tpl and footer.tpl. You'll notice the checkout footer.tpl file doesn't have the footer hooks like the main footer.tpl file does.

• 3 years later...

For me this worked fine: 

you need to copy  header and footer tpl files in checkout folder go to themes/yourtheme/templates/_partials and copy header.tpl and footer.tpl files paste them into /themes/yourtheme/checkout/_partials and override existing files

• 5 months later...

Tried this one but still cant bring the footer part while in checkout process any one pls help me to fix this one using custom theme for fresh installation its working fine.....

On 3/15/2017 at 9:14 AM, rocky said:
This is by design. PrestaShop v1.7 has a separate simplified header and footer just for checkout pages to reduce distractions. The idea is that customers should finish checking out before doing anything else.

The main header and footer files are themes/classic/templates/_partials/header.tpl and footer.tpl. The checkout header and footer files are themes/classic/templates/checkout/_partials/header.tpl and footer.tpl. You'll notice the checkout footer.tpl file doesn't have the footer hooks like the main footer.tpl file does.