Catalogue mode WITH shopping cart

Hi,

I'm looking forward to make a catalogue website, that uses a shopping cart.

So, for example, my client would look several products, add them to the shopping cart, with quantities and stuff, and instead of checking out, he'll fill out a form, and an e-mail will be sent to the store requesting a quotation. Then, the store will reply with this quotation. However, the prices need to be hidden, BUT the shopping cart MUST NOT be hidden.

Is there any module that allows this, or another way to accomplish it?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi this would require some custom coding in cart.tpl(s).  I don't think it is a big change but you will need to change various basically removing the catalog mode check, i.e. cart.  There would be other places like product.tpl so that add to cart is displayed. etc.  I recommend searching for a certified prestashop agency in your country.  You can also post in job section.  This only if you  are not comfortable with a working with code...

Here is an setting name you will need to identify by area you want to allow when in catalog mode:

$PS_CATALOG_MODE

then you will  need a  quote module (search with google) to complete cart transaction or modify check or bank transfer module to 'get quote' logic.  

good luck.

Edited by El Patron (see edit history)