themeconfigurator broken

samchanasia

PrestaShop version: 1.6.0.5

One day, all in a sudden, I cannot edit themeconfigurator any more.

Whatever change I made, I was told the change was done but when I edit the photo, it showed me no changes at all.

Then, I tried to disable/delete/uninstall the plugin. I couldn't disable it and uninstalling it gave me something like "plugin is already installed". I cant remember and I have further gone to something even more weird.

I followed some forum and removed the plugin through FTP. Then I copied a working one(Obtained from another prestashop site) and paste it to the plugin folder. It became broken totally. http://www.vanelta.com/ themeconfigurator part is gone.

After I broke it, editing themeconfigurator would give me

An error occurred while saving data.

Deleting/Uninstalling themeconfigurator would give me

Module deleted successfully.

while it is still there showing "configure" button

Can anyone please advise how to remove the plugin entirely and how to install a workable one?

Thank you so much for your help

• 2 weeks later...
If uninstalling the module isn't working properly, you'll have to manually uninstall it. To do this, you should remove the ps_theme_configurator table from your database using phpMyAdmin. Also, check for any entries in the ps_module table with name "themeconfigurator". If you find one, make a note of the ID and then remove any rows with that ID from the ps_module, ps_module_access, ps_module_country, ps_module_currency, ps_module_group and ps_module_shop tables. If you've previously added the module to your favourites, you'll need to remove the "themeconfigurator" row from the ps_module_preference table. You'll also need to remove the rows with names PS_TC_THEMES, PS_TC_FONTS, PS_TC_THEME, PS_TC_FONT, PS_TC_ACTIVE and PS_SET_DISPLAY_SUBCATEGORIES from the ps_configuration table.

After doing all this, you can then replace the module files with the working module and be able to install it.