Product atributes: multyplier instead of plus function

Hi, probably it is stupid questions however I have to ask it.

right now 140 products from one category of my shop have 2940 records of attributes. Totally ~220 products have more than 3000 attributes. It's happened because I sell print and chop-services and that is combinations of print materials, baguette types and product sizes.

It might be more but I redacted list of used baguettes and sizes because it very difficult to manage hugest sheets of attributes combinations. I have to offer less and that is negative impact to my e-net business.

I guess it is easy to use multiplier field which is saved in attributes tables. Multiplier is difference between any attributes and base attribute. Attributes are grouped like now and these groups are linked to required products. It will decrease the quantity of attributes records in PS tables and make attributes price management more easy and flexible.

I asked it because my suppler increased baguette's prices and right now I must recalculate all attributes...all 2940 attributes instead of 70s.

Am I right?

The whole concept of the combination generator was never really properly designed for large quantities.

At 2940 combinations per product, you are really pushing it to the limit it can handle.

You might benefit from my Attribute Wizard Pro module, it handles attributes differently (it doesn't require an actual record for each potential combination, but rather creates them on the fly).

You can check it out on my site (address in my signature), there is a front and back office demo there too.

Hi,

Look at this annoucement, it should help you a lot : http://www.prestashop.com/forums/viewthread/60290/job_offers_and_paid_services/module_attributes_declinations_cloning_and_mixing/

Like yourself, I sell prints, in many sizes, with options. Prices update management was simply impossible, so I decided to develop my own module, as nothing suitable was available.

Rgds
Franck

25935_0Mx05UISUwNMydjwmrpF_t

• Like 1