Paypal Item Description reads: "Your order"

redrob

I just opened my first PrestaShop store, and am using the "official" PayPal USA/Canada Module v1.3.9.  Using "PayPal Payment Standard", Express Checkout enabled (although I'm not sure that works), and "Live" mode.

I"m having two problems relating to orders and PayPal:

1. When a customer places an order, PayPal is showing the item description as "Your order".  This makes it impossible (via PayPal details) for me to know what they actually ordered!

How do I get the PayPal Description to properly show what they ordered?

2. After the order is placed, PrestaCart is not e-mailing me to let me know I have a new order.  The only reason I knew was because of the PayPal notification e-mail (which didn't have the description). 

How can I get my PrestaCart to e-mail me about the order?

Thank you for any help!

:-) Rob

post-1370374-0-53632200-1486932168_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know how to get this working better (#1 above)?   I'm considering bailing on PrestaShop because payment interface seems very limited, shipping module does not seem to interface with USPS well (to get rates for people), and sales tax is a real PIA to setup. :(    Lots of things I love about PrestaShop, but these details are adding up!

Help?

PS I got #2 working with a notifications module I added

Edited by redrob (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Interestingly, after I disabled the PayPal Express option,  both my duplicate "paypal" button went away AND I noticed a full description showing up in the PayPal processing!

I haven't touched it again since, thankful it was working properly.