Weights and shipping not adding up?

I know this is likely going to sound like a silly question, but here goes ...

I've set up shipping rates according to Royal Mail's charges, and they are based on weights - so it's 0-100g, 101g to 250g, etc, etc (grams have been entered as 0-0.100, 0.101-0.250 etc

However, in the shipping tables for the heavier international items I have: 

1.26kg-1.5kg @ £££

1.51kg-1.75kg @ £££

1.76kg-2kg @ £££

Now so far so good - until I have a book weighing in at 1.5Kg which then shows up as charging the customer the amount under the table 1.65kg-2kg which is what I don't understand.   I've checked the postage cost's in the shipping configs and everything is set up right, I even deleted the shipping configs and started again, same thing.   If I change the product item from 1.5kg to 1.4kg, it charges the correct postage for between those weights, it's just when I seem to go over 1.5kg it has an issue!

Anyone else had this and am I missing something here???

Cheers

Mark

The shipping is set up on an inclusive/exclusive basis. You have gaps in your shipping tables.

Should be:

1.26kg-1.5kg @ £££

1.5kg-1.75kg @ £££

1.75kg-2kg @ £££

It's from 1.5 up to and including 1.75 and then from but excluding 1.75 up to and including 2kg etc.

Thank for that Dave, I feel a little dense now to be honest for not having thought of that one, just amended shipping cost's and it is reflecting a better return, it does however set the price at the next level, for example 1.25kg-1.5kg is £9.75 then 1.5kg-1.75kg is £11.10 so it's charging £11.10 even though up to 1.5kg should really be £9.75 but it's a better result no matter how we look at it and the example I used for one of our books is bang on 1.5kg, doubt I have another book or collection of books in my inventory that will be bang on a threshold so yeh, cheers for that :)

Mark

Thank for that Dave, I feel a little dense now to be honest for not having thought of that one, just amended shipping cost's and it is reflecting a better return, it does however set the price at the next level, for example 1.25kg-1.5kg is £9.75 then 1.5kg-1.75kg is £11.10 so it's charging £11.10 even though up to 1.5kg should really be £9.75 but it's a better result no matter how we look at it and the example I used for one of our books is bang on 1.5kg, doubt I have another book or collection of books in my inventory that will be bang on a threshold so yeh, cheers for that :)

Mark

Don't need to feel bad, Prestashop shipping has never been easy to get to grips with but once you understand how they work you are good to go.

• Like 1