how to install two different sites on local installation ?

hello

i already have installed one site on local servor with Easyphp, the site is located in a "www" folder in the Easyphp one situated in "program file" folder.

I would like to work on a second different site at the same moment, is it possible and how to proceed ?

Thank you for your help

I use xampp, so the site is in an htdocs folder but this should equally apply. I looked at setting up multiple sites, but have now just settled on renaming the folders depending on the site I'm working on.

So rename the www folder www.site_1 and create a new empty www folder and off you go.... when you want to switch back, just rename the folders appropriately. Easy, uncomplicated and quick ;)

Paul

Hi Paul,
thank you or answering,
but what about prestashop install ?
I need 2 DB, so :
* let's see, i rename my old www folder where my first site is, then i create a new www. I do a new install of Prestashop with a new name for the DB and that's ok ?

hello

i already have installed one site on local servor with Easyphp, the site is located in a "www" folder in the Easyphp one situated in "program file" folder.

I would like to work on a second different site at the same moment, is it possible and how to proceed ?

Thank you for your help

Could you switch to xampp? I am not familiar to EasyPHP.
With XAMPP you can create as many sites as you want, just create a folder under the folder HTDOCS of XAMPP
For ex you can create 2 folder for 2 sites:
C:\XAMPP\HTDOCS\site1
C:\XAMPP\HTDOCS\site2
Just copy presta setup files to those folder and run setup via this URL:
http://127.0.0.1/site1
or
http://127.0.0.1/site2

Use PHPMyadmin to create databases.

hi could you give me links to download xamp ?

another question:
is it possible to make a new install of prestashop with another BD but to insert the DB from another previous installation ?
(i need two differents DB but would like to use the first one
as a basis ...)
Thank you

Yes, you just select the first db and click the export tab (remembering to check the save file box). Create a new empty db and use the import tab. You'll have to fudge the employee table (or encryption keys) to be able to log in though, or click the lost password link (I think that works in this situation).

Paul

i tried to install on xampp...and it says that you have to have javascript activated - how does one do that? has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

----

i figured it out - javascript was not activated - i should of checked that before i posted.

thanks