Cant find PS_SHOP_URL. Issues migrating PS

romanturbo

Ive migrated my shop to a new hosting. From a shared hosting to a VPS. What have I done?

Dumped 2 databases from my old shop (i dont know why I have 2, however int the  setting i can see that my shop is linked to the biggest DB, so im using this one)

Erased the content from the fresh install of prestashop, and moved there my old installation. Configured setting.inc.php so it matches my new database, and set up server for DB as localhost

define('_DB_SERVER_', 'localhost');
define('_DB_NAME_', 'prestashop'); <-------------- my new db, where ive imported the old data
define('_DB_USER_', 'adminprestashop'); <------------- my privileged user
define('_DB_PASSWD_', 'xxxxxxxxxxx'); <--------- user pass

Well so i acces to my shop throught, vpnxxxxxxxxx/prestashop (my shop directory) , and it loads my OLD SERVER, yes the server from which im migrating.

Ive read that i have to find PS_SHOP_URL in my DB and edit it so it matches my new domain (in this case VPSxxxxX) So i tried searching the database but i cant find anything that matches those values.

Edited by romanturbo (see edit history)

rename file .httaccess...this would clear your old domain PrestaShop rewrites...this assumes of course new domain dns points to new hosting..

then you should be able to access back office, then preferenes-->seo & ruls-->domain | domains ssl-->change you our domain...

hope that helps 

you mean the one thats located in the main shop folder? Ive renamed it to htacces.old , entered again to vpsxxxxxx/prestashop and it keeps redirecting me to the old server

you mean the one thats located in the main shop folder? Ive renamed it to htacces.old , entered again to vpsxxxxxx/prestashop and it keeps redirecting me to the old server

the back office will function regardless of shop url....try incognito window....else I suspect domain not pointing to new hosting but old somehow I cannot guess 

for 1.6, (yourprefx)_shop_url  it table where shop urls are stored....

• Like 1

the back office will function regardless of shop url....try incognito window....else I suspect domain not pointing to new hosting but old somehow I cannot guess 

for 1.6, (yourprefx)_shop_url  it table where shop urls are stored....

My backoffice doesnt load, Im gonna try migrating again following these steps.

Im running apache, with php7.0, just in case

1.Copy my old prestashop folder from FTP 

2.Do a copy of my old DB using phpmyadmin

3.Upload my copied folder to a folder in the VPS

4.Im gonna try to enter the backoffice and change there, the urls

6.Disable cache

7.delete cache from smarty and compli, except, index.php

Ive been searching more, and ive found in my DB the PS_SHOP_DOMAIN and PS_SHOP_DOMAIN_SSL , i changed it to my host but.... nothing happens

Still getting redirected to my old site (even in incognito mode) , and backoffice unaccesible.

Ive reinstalled again everything, still not working

Ive noticed that those values are for prestahsop 1.4 , but my prestashop is 1.6 , its actually strange

found this while entering the backoffice in debug mode 

Fatal error: Uncaught --> Smarty: unable to write file /var/ww.w/html/Tienda/cache/smarty/compile/98/66/7d/wrt589e23942c6ec9_45610091 <-- thrown in /var/ww.w/html/Tienda/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 46