[PS1.7.0.4] Orders of out-of-stock products "not working"

Hi,
in my new shop (www.maraschiomoto.com) I have a lot of product with many combinations. Since we can not sustain the effort to have in stock all of them we want to allow customers to "order out of stock products". So I configured the option in the back office in "Product stock preferences". I also set up the policy "When out of Stock" as "allow order" at product creation in at the bottom of the combination tab. Although I've done all of these steps the products with quantities zero are not available and my customers cannot book them since the add to cart button is disabled. The functionality was available in PS 1.7.0.3. Please have a look into this and tell me if there is something wrong on my side or the latest PS release has an issue.

It seems to be actually a theme problem of the Classic default theme. In particular the \themes\classic\templates\catalog\_partials\product-add-to-cart.tpl might have a problem at line 41:
<button class="btn btn-primary add-to-cart" data-button-action="add-to-cart" type="submit" {if !$product.add_to_cart_url || $product.quantity_wanted>$product.quantity}disabled{/if}>

What would be the best way to fix this line in order to make the add-to-cart button working also with out-of-stock products when the products are marked as "allowed for orders if out-of-stock"?

Many thanks for your support!

• Like 1