Thicko needs to know how to load images for products

Sorry for being thick I'm new to this s/w.

I am trying to identify how and where I upload the images for new products created in Admin.

I have trawled the forum but have not seen any hints as to how to achieve this or wiki for documentation.

I am presuming that there is some obvious button or screen that I am missing (that is right in front of me) or that there is some coding link that matches the image name to a product when placed in some directory or other?

All help appreciated.

nope I have spent several hours today churning over and over the same screens in admin and I cannot see anywhere that gives me a clue as to how the images for products are updated.

Please can anyone tell me the secret to this useful facility.

Appreciated.

Thanks for taking the time to answer - I read your response and cringed expecting to look a complete idiot, however when I follow your instructions I go to catolog select the product, get presented with a screen where I can add all sorts of information, however nowhere on this screen is there a tab for images - sorry, do I need to configure the application in a particular way to make this button appear?

I have two base installs that have followed the instructions to the letter as far as I can tell. I captured the screen shot of the products section so that you can see what I see.

In both cases there is no image upload tab (interestingly enough before investigating Prestashop I looked at Magento and was having problem uploading images in this tool too - I wonder if it is a hosting problem - but would not know the questions to ask to get help)

prestashop1.doc

I would check the the files in your admin folder have all uploaded correctly first of all. If the [admin]/tabs folder is missing files, then The above is what you would expect to happen. (Note that you've probably renamed the admin folder to something else, hence the square brackets).

I would also urge you to investigate error logging on your site, or if it's enabled then find out where the log file is. It can give you a LOT of help getting your site up and running ;-)

Paul

Thanks for the pointers Paul, I'll checks these - I have just noticed (not something that I do well) that the product page is active within Admin and allows me to change values ok, however the browser tab indicates that the screen is still loading (after 4 minutes!) i had not noticed before - seems quite slow, I will just wait for 10 or so minutes to see if the screen completes its load

The buttons appeared after 10 minutes - thats an awfully long time to wait for screen load - is there a problem in this part of the system do you know?

The good news is that the image section is available to me the bad news is that the system is not useable at these speeds (wierd really the rest of the application seems to run quite swift).

I will try on a different PC and see if there is something special about the machine I am using.

I cleared the cache and cookies - this had no tangible effect and the options for product still take circa 5-10 minutes to load on each occasion (including after an image has been saved) I will check my accessing laptop by trying a different machine and logon site also.