How to change EUR to €

arbuzas

Ok so it looks like PrestaShop 1.7 is using new fancy pancy Cldr framework (ICanBoogie). Basically it drags all localisation stuff from the Cldr database (repo). It's all good but unfortunately this framework does not give many option for customisation (not that I found any) so you have to be happy what Cldr provides. In my case Cldr dictates that currency sign is "EUR" on the left, when we actually more used to "€" on the left.

Anyway, it is possible to override this by creating file in: override/classes/Tools.php

<?php

/**
 * Forcing to use Euro (Currency) sign
 */
class Tools extends ToolsCore
{

public static function displayPrice($price, $currency = null, $no_utf8 = false, Context $context = null)
  {
      if (!is_numeric($price)) {
          return $price;
      }
      if (!$context) {
          $context = Context::getContext();
      }
      if ($currency === null) {
          $currency = $context->currency;
      } elseif (is_int($currency)) {
          $currency = Currency::getCurrencyInstance((int)$currency);
      }

$numberFormatter = new ICanBoogie\CLDR\NumberFormatter;
      return $numberFormatter->format($price, "#0.#0").' '.$currency->getSign();
  }
}

?>

This workaround is bit crusty but meh.. it works.

There are a few countries in and near Europe that do not use decimals, so while you may not care, there are plenty that do. 

If its true I'm sure they will come up with something.

The problem is that Prestashop appears to think like you.  Let's remove features that we think are not important, and now we have to re-add them back because we didn't have enough foresight to see what issues it might create. 

In a nutshell, that is the problem with PS v1.7

Offtopic...

The problem is that Prestashop appears to think like you.  

Nah.. I'm still just playing with 1.7, and I'm not sure if I like it or if I'll use it. It looks like it was patched with bits and bobs from the 1.6v and everything is all over the place. In my opinion they just had to start from scratch if they wanted to change everything... pretty much everything broke anyway.

1.6 is also rusty.. so yeah not sure, I might look somewhere else if I can't make 1.7 to work.

Ok so it looks like PrestaShop 1.7 is using new fancy pancy Cldr framework (ICanBoogie). Basically it drags all localisation stuff from the Cldr database (repo). It's all good but unfortunately this framework does not give many option for customisation (not that I found any) so you have to be happy what Cldr provides. In my case Cldr dictates that currency sign is "EUR" on the left, when we actually more used to "€" on the left.

Anyway, it is possible to override this by creating file in: override/classes/Tools.php

<?php

/**
 * Forcing to use Euro (Currency) sign
 */
class Tools extends ToolsCore
{

public static function displayPrice($price, $currency = null, $no_utf8 = false, Context $context = null)
  {
      if (!is_numeric($price)) {
          return $price;
      }
      if (!$context) {
          $context = Context::getContext();
      }
      if ($currency === null) {
          $currency = $context->currency;
      } elseif (is_int($currency)) {
          $currency = Currency::getCurrencyInstance((int)$currency);
      }

$numberFormatter = new ICanBoogie\CLDR\NumberFormatter;
      return $numberFormatter->format($price, "#0.#0").' '.$currency->getSign();
  }
}

?>

This workaround is bit crusty but meh.. it works.

But it works only in product page, not ir modules or "hopepage" :)

Right.. I see what you mean. Well it looks like you can't override symfony based pages. I guess you can edit Tools.php directly and live till next update that way...

I saw somewhere mentioned that instead of overriding the code you can extend it or something like that.. but can't find any documentation about it so not sure whats the story with that.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Try to edit these files:

EUR to €:

in this file web/translations/cldr/main--xx-XX--currencies , change "symbol":"EUR" to "symbol":"€" 

Removing decimals:
in this file web/translations/cldr/main--xx-XX--numbers , change "standard":"#,##0.00\u00a0\u00a4" to "standard":"#,##0\u00a0\u00a4"

xx-XX is language which you use
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Try to edit these files:

EUR to €:

in this file web/translations/cldr/main--xx-XX--currencies , change "symbol":"EUR" to "symbol":"€" 

Removing decimals:
in this file web/translations/cldr/main--xx-XX--numbers , change "standard":"#,##0.00\u00a0\u00a4" to "standard":"#,##0\u00a0\u00a4"

xx-XX is language which you use

in this case removing decimal also remove args after decimal. How to fix that? 

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...