[SOLVED] USA STATE TAX not working

Hello, Is there an issue with configuring USA state tax to work??????? I am using version 1.2.5.0 I have wasted nearly 15 hours tring to get my Louisiana state tax to work with no success. I've created a state tax, applied it to a US zone. made sure the state's "Tax Behavior" was set to collect state tax....all with no luck of having it work properly when logged in as a customer. It seems the only way to make the tax work is to enable it by selecting "Tax" on each product in the back office. This adds tax to every oder no matter what state. I am totally frustrated at this point.

Does anyone have any advice concerning this tax collection issue?
Thank you

Ok so after you create the zones and countries (using v1.2.5 I didn't have to set any of these up, they were setup by default)... Under Payment >> Taxes I declared a tax (for GA in my case), I gave it a name and appropriate rate. I unchecked any checks in "Zone:", and under "States:" I put a check next to Georgia and saved it.

Also, in Shipping >> States I set all the other states to use "Product Tax" and for all my products I apply "No Tax" (from the drop down menu where you enter the price), but for my state, GA, I set it to use "State Tax"

Sounds like you've set it up this way also, but double check. Also, when you say it's not working are you saying that you customers registered under a tax applicable state are not being charged tax at all, or something else is off?

In 1.2.5 you can set how you want prices to appear (tax included or tax excluded)... and if it is set to included when that customer logs in all the prices will be changed to the tax included price for all your products.

HTH!

SOLVED . Thanks for the advice. I have no idea why it was not working. I added a New State LA for Louisiana and selected it as a state to require state tax and it works fine. The original Louisiana state in the list was not working????

SOLVED . Thanks for the advice. I have no idea why it was not working. I added a New State LA for Louisiana and selected it as a state to require state tax and it works fine. The original Louisiana state in the list was not working????

Is it REALLY working!? Or when you select a product, put it in your cart then enter a Louisiana address it changes all your prices to what they would be if taxes were subtracted (then adds them back in on the cart).