PS 1.7 Affiliate Modules

Hello everyone.

I've been looking at a # of the affiliate modules available for Prestashop, and most haven't been transitioned to 1.7 yet. Email queries to a couple on their schedule to do so haven't gotten a reply.

So what affiliate modules are available currently or will be available soon for PS 1.7.*

Ideal functionality, which I've found in modules for other shopping carts would include:

1. Being able to create different groups with their own commission rules, and assign affiliates to one group or another.

2. Being able to associate a sale with an affiliate by url, by coupon code, by email of customer.

3. To override the general commission rate with exceptions for individual products. (ie, no commission for XYZ product, or different commission).

This one I haven't found yet, but hope to someday :)

4. To subtract promotion/coupon from affiliate's commission. Ie, offer a 20% commission, if associate wants to offer their network a 10% discount, their total commission is only 10% on those sales (10+10=20).

So in the broad sense, any affiliate modules actually work for 1.7 yet? And of those that might, are they flexible/well featured?

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

Hi Jonathan,

Our Affiliates Pro for PrestaShop is fully tested and updated to work with PrestaShop 1.7 - it's available on the Addons Marketplace here https://addons.prestashop.com/en/sea-paid-advertising-affiliation-platforms/18293-affiliates-pro.html and you can have a look at the documentation here http://www.itthinx.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/APS-doc-1.4.0.pdf

Regarding the features you mention:

#1 The idea with different rates by group sounds useful, although we already feature rates per affiliate, product, category and combinations of these, rates by group would be a good addition.

#2 Our module works with URLs of course, including the option to link to any page and integration with the PS 1.7 Social Media Share Buttons module so affiliates can easily share affiliate links to products directly. It also maintains compatibility with the previous PS 1.6 module Social Sharing Buttons offering the same functionality. Our module also supports discount codes related to affiliates so that they can refer customers by distributing one or more coupon codes they have assigned to their affiliate account and customer don't need to visit their affiliate link in that case.

#3 As mentioned above, our module provides detailed rates where you can have a general rate applicable by default to all affiliates, individual rates per affiliate, per product, per product category and any combinations of these. For example, you could have 10% commissions in general, affiliate A gets 20%, affiliate B gets 30% and for product X affiliate B gets 40%, affiliate D gets 35% and for products in category M affiliate D gets 50% and for product Y he gets 37%, products in category N yield affiliates 15%, ... where more specific rates will override less specific rates.

#4 The way discounts are handled in our module is that if an affiliate has a coupon assigned and a customer uses it, that will generate a referral with the appropriate commission for the affiliate. The discount is taken into account in the calculation as the commission is based on the net amount. It's not exactly what you outline, but it takes the discount into acount.

I hope that helps, feel free to ask if you have any questions related to our module.

Cheers,

Karim

Edited by itthinx (see edit history)

Thank you for the response. I'd seen your module, which also seems to be the primary one available already for 1.7.

As a quick question, does it also associate customers with an affiliate for a period of time after initial visit?

Lastly, on #4, lets talk offline perhaps. I'd be curious about adding that functionality as a custom element. I'd resigned myself to just coding it up myself.

Regardless, I'll review the .pdf doc you linked.

Thanks again.

Hi Jonathan,

does it also associate customers with an affiliate for a period of time after initial visit?

There are two options that are related:

- the "referral timeout" which determines the number of days since a visitor visited an affiliate's link during which the referral will be valid, i.e. it puts a limit on the time after the affiliate link has been visited during which the affiliate would earn a commission

- an optional permanent assignment which relates the customer to the referring affiliate; if enabled, this option will grant the affiliate commissions on any purchases the customer makes and this can be forever or for a limited amount of time

Regarding #4 if you'd like to discuss the possibility rather offline you're welcome to get in touch using support at itthinx dot com -please make sure to include a link to this topic.

Cheers,

Karim

Edited by itthinx (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Hello,

1) Does your affiliate program allow MLM (tier) settings for affiliates?

2) How does it handle payouts through PayPal? Can it handle PayPal mass payment, or do it creates a file to import into PayPal or mass payments?

Cheers.

Hi,

Thanks for asking:

Hello,

1) Does your affiliate program allow MLM (tier) settings for affiliates?

2) How does it handle payouts through PayPal? Can it handle PayPal mass payment, or do it creates a file to import into PayPal or mass payments?

Cheers.

#1 Currently our version for PrestaShop does not support multi-tier affiliate programs. We have a version that provides a very flexible solution with multiple tiers for WordPress and WooCommerce https://www.itthinx.com/shop/affiliates-enterprise/ if that could be an alternative.

#2 Payments are handled through a Totals section useful for mass payments with PayPal and other payment processors. Here's the current documentation where you can find details.

If you'd like to have a look, apart from the current documentation you can access the front and back end demo here:

User : [email protected]
Password : demodemo

Back Office : http://demo.itthinx.com/aps/admin7083/index.php
Front : http://demo.itthinx.com/aps

I hope that helps, please don't hesitate to ask if you have further questions.

Cheers

• Like 1

#2 Payments are handled through a Totals section useful for mass payments with PayPal and other payment processors. Here's the current documentation where you can find details.

What if I want to make a payout for a specific affiliate, not all of them. Do I still need to use CVS export, or can I use some direct payment button for PayPal from the module?

What if I want to make a payout for a specific affiliate, not all of them. Do I still need to use CVS export, or can I use some direct payment button for PayPal from the module?

You'll find details on that on page 47 of the documentation. The module does not make any payments for you, it presents you with the totals - in the case for a single affiliate's payment or where you do not want to use a payment file, you can simply check the accumulated total for the affiliate you wish to pay.

• Like 1

You'll find details on that on page 47 of the documentation. The module does not make any payments for you, it presents you with the totals - in the case for a single affiliate's payment or where you do not want to use a payment file, you can simply check the accumulated total for the affiliate you wish to pay.

Wonderful! Thanks a lot.

• 4 months later...