Where does mailchimp popup code go?

IrishGuy

Hi Folks,

Been searching for a good free popup module to gather email addresses but they all seem to cost money now. 

I have found that with mailchimp you can create your own popup with code that can be then changed on their site. I have got this code but when I put it in header.tpl it breaks my site. 

Can anyone suggest where I should be actually putting this code if not in header.tpl between the <head> tags?

Thanks. 

Great thanks, any idea how to stop the pop up going under my header? 

I've tried hooking to top and home but it stays under the menu for some reason, it is visible when you scroll down but only the bottom of it is visible immediately before scrolling.

Thanks

Great thanks, any idea how to stop the pop up going under my header? 

I've tried hooking to top and home but it stays under the menu for some reason, it is visible when you scroll down but only the bottom of it is visible immediately before scrolling.

Thanks

That's the only drawback with mailchimp. All the size and position is in the script and configured in the mailchimp account. I also could have done with something a bit smaller but couldn't get it to display suitably.

Another option would be to use the free Custom popup notification v1.0 - by PrestaCraft module and put some other mailchimp code in it. It's a very neat module. I am using it as an information message popup right now but may switch it to a newsletter popup with mailchimp code later instead of using the mailchimp module. The only drawback is that it shows immediately and can't be changed without modding it.

Check it on tankpads-asia.com where you will see it pop up straight away, but I think it's a nice clean module.

Edited by Dave L (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

I have troubles locating those free news letter modules. Can anyone drop link to them here?

Thank you :)

Search is your friend. Just go to the free modules forum and search for: Custom popup notification. It will come straight to you.