(SOLVED) how to remove the white monitor in left panel

on the standard theme, at the bottom of the left hand panel, is a white computer monitor (above the words visa and paypal and below the about us section) and on the screen it has an image of the prestashop home page....

how can I get rid of this.....?

and how could i replace it with a different image here instead please?

on the standard theme, at the bottom of the left hand panel, is a white computer monitor (above the words visa and paypal and below the about us section) and on the screen it has an image of the prestashop home page....

how can I get rid of this.....?

and how could i replace it with a different image here instead please?

Sure, follow these steps:

[1] Log in to the BO (admin area)
[2] Click Modules from the top tabs.
[3] Browse to Block advertising in the Blocks Section.
[4] Click the "Configure" link next to it.
[5] Upload a new image and add the link to it in the form.
[6] Click the validate button.

and you are ready to go :)

Tip: if you want to disable this ad, just click on the green check mark to change it to red X mark.

HTH,

good luck,

Hi Sultan, thanks for your help; (yes Im loving Prestashop so far!!)

So, I tried this out, what you said.
BUT, to the left of the green check mark, there is NO ">> Configure" option for this module for me?
I have 'unchecked' it, to turn it off. This works, ie the image is gone now.....

BUT, I would ideally like to configure it and add a different image---> so....any suggestions how I can do this??
ta! ;)

Hi Sultan, thanks for your help; (yes Im loving Prestashop so far!!)

So, I tried this out, what you said.
BUT, to the left of the green check mark, there is NO ">> Configure" option for this module for me?
I have 'unchecked' it, to turn it off. This works, ie the image is gone now.....

BUT, I would ideally like to configure it and add a different image---> so....any suggestions how I can do this??
ta! ;)

Hi hubbard & you're welcome any time...

If you have this module installed, then you'll see the green check mark & the ">> Configure" link. But if it is not installed, neither the configuration link nor the check mark will appear, instead you will see a gray gear icon.

To configure this, just make sure the module is installed and then click the ">> Configure" link to take you to the configuration page where you can add a new image and set the link behavior for it.

HTH,

If that didn't help, please provide us with a screen shot to that part.

good luck,

P.S. I've just remembered this: sometimes, and I don't know why, after clicking the install button, I still don't see the check mark and the configuration link... I figured out that if I click the Modules link at the top to refresh the module page, then these two changes appear.

Maybe this is the same in your case! give it a try and please let us know what you got

The configuration page was added in PrestaShop v1.3. It didn't exist in earlier versions. What version of PrestaShop are you using? If you are using an earlier version, you'll need to manually edit modules/blockadvertising/blockadvertising.tpl, or download PrestaShop v1.3 and copy the blockadvertising module from it into your installation.

"The configuration page was added in PrestaShop v1.3. It didn’t exist in earlier versions. What version of PrestaShop are you using? If you are using an earlier version, you’ll need to manually edit modules/blockadvertising/blockadvertising.tpl, or download PrestaShop v1.3 and copy the blockadvertising module from it into your installation."

ok, that explains it!!! ta

I appear to be using Version 1.2.5.0 ..... ?
are there many other major differences which v1.3 has? is it worth me scrapping my site and re-starting with v1.3??
(as Im still not really too far ahead with uploading my products yet?)

"The configuration page was added in PrestaShop v1.3. It didn’t exist in earlier versions. What version of PrestaShop are you using? If you are using an earlier version, you’ll need to manually edit modules/blockadvertising/blockadvertising.tpl, or download PrestaShop v1.3 and copy the blockadvertising module from it into your installation."

ok, that explains it!!! ta

I appear to be using Version 1.2.5.0 ..... ?
are there many other major differences which v1.3 has? is it worth me scrapping my site and re-starting with v1.3??
(as Im still not really too far ahead with uploading my products yet?)

Updating to newer versions usually better... in your case and since you are not that far in uploading products, I would recommend you to update PS.

I believe, you will not lose any of the products, just make sure to follow the updating information and tips.

good luck,