[SOLVED] Trying to Configure shipping

Ok so what I have is 2 flat rate shipping options for all products.

FedEx overnight standard $40, but free shipping if you spend over $300 in product.

FedEx Priority Overnight $54.99 no free shipping with this option.

I cannot figure out how to set this up. I can't seem to have Free shipping for one option, it either has to be both or none.

Please HELP!

Thanks,
Mike

Ok so what I have is 2 flat rate shipping options for all products.

FedEx overnight standard $40, but free shipping if you spend over $300 in product.

FedEx Priority Overnight $54.99 no free shipping with this option.

I cannot figure out how to set this up. I can't seem to have Free shipping for one option, it either has to be both or none.

Please HELP!

Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

Please follow my post here to help you setting up the shipping options.

Regarding the free shipping the way you want, as far as I know, it is not applicable, BUT, let me dig more and get back to you...

HTH,

good luck,

Okay Mike,

Try the following:

Create 3 shipping methods as follows:
[1] FedEx overnight standard
[2] FedEx overnight standard - Free Shipping
[3] FedEx Priority Overnight

Then in the price ranges do the following:
[1] Select the FedEx overnight standard AND set the price range From price From $0 To $299.99
[2] Select the FedEx overnight standard - Free Shipping AND set the price range From price From $300 To $10000 (or what ever To price)
[3] Select FedEx Priority Overnight AND set the price range From $0 To $10000 (or what ever To price)

Then click the Shipping tab and do the following:
[1] Set all the values for the fields in the Handling section to 0 (zero).
[2] Go to the bottom of the page and from the drop-down-list select each shipping method:
[2a.] For FedEx overnight standard, set the price to $40 AND click the Save button.
[2b.] For FedEx overnight standard - Free Shipping, set the price to $0 (Zero) AND click the Save button.
[2c.] For FedEx Priority Overnight, set the price to $54.99 AND click the Save button.

I think this should solve your problem,

Please try and let us know if that works as you want...

good luck,

I was sure that would work. But it is now showing all 3 options for shipping. I'd like it to only populate the option that corresponds with the order price. Any other ideas?

Nice to hear that :)

to solve your issue "now showing all 3 options for shipping. I’d like it to only populate the option that corresponds with the order price" just make sure to set "Out-of-range behavior:" option to be: Disable carrier on the Carrier setting page.

and you are ready to go :coolsmile:

Please see the attached image

HTH, good luck Mike,

25205_HKAMKO5tq3vPROD7chKs_t

• 4 months later...

I just found this topic and am having the same problem.
We offer:
- Shipping from $0-$25 Regular Post $5.75
- Free Shipping when you spend over $25 Regular Post
- Option to use UPS at $20.00 thus over riding the Free option.

I tried the set up as listed in this post but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I set the "out of range" behavior as suggested but even when a customer puts more than $25 in their cart, shipping should switch to zero but offer the UPS option at the shipping stage. Currently it always adds the $5.75 standard price.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thanks, I'll give it a try. But to be a bit clearer, I want to offer free shipping REGULAR POST when over $25 is purchased, but want to offer the customer the option of choosing a basic rate UPS option regardless of purchase price (say $0-$500 for example). So they can take advantage of free shipping or get their purchase faster and by courier by paying the extra $20 UPS rate. We hope to do the same with FEDEX and Purolator once we hammer out the kinks with the UPS option.