Is there any order to the global.css file?

I find myself taking hours and hours meandering around the global.css file looking for the right setting, even using Firefox Firebug. It seems like related settings are placed in random spots. Is there any organizing standard used? Or better yet is there a watered down version of the global.css file?

The global.css is already organised. The global CSS is at the top, followed by the the theme and module CSS, organised into sections with titled comments. Just perform a search for a module name or TPL name and you will find the right section for the CSS.

I'm not really looking for anything in particular, just the actual process of searching through 2000+ links of code. Searching unfortunately throws many matches, and the ID/class naming conventions are a bit strange (like exclusive buttons?). Also it's kind of a maze to see what ID's/classes each module is using + it's hard to get the feel of what is overriding what. I will probably use @import to break out the global.css file into separate files (within the same directory) just so I know where to find it quickly (files are a bit easier than line #'s for me). Is there any documentation on PrestaShop css naming conventions or maybe a bare bare bones global.css file (other than clearing it out)? Or hopefully maybe some kind of back end theme editor in the future.