Category module with thumbnails - make it show the correct image!

I've installed 'Categories Block left Img' which shows the thumbnail image of the category next to the category name. Well, that is what it should do! It instead shows the main image for the category, not the thumbnail. The devloper has stopped replying, so is probably dead.

On my site, (http://www.snobscustoms.com/3-clothing-accessories) in the back office I have uploaded for the first category - "clothing" a large grey title image saying 'clothing', and the thumbnail is a t-shirt. In the folder "public_html/img/c/" it has the following files for each category number (#)...

#.jpg                                         > original full size category image (that I uploaded in backoffice)

#-category_default.jpg             > auto-generated original full size category image with white border

#-medium_default.jpg              > auto-generated smaller size category image

#-0_thumb.jpg                          > thumbnail image (that I uploaded in backoffice)

The module on the site shows an image "3-medium_default.jpg" rather than "3-0_thumb.jpg" which it should show. So this means I end up with mini versions of the grey title image, rather than a picture of a t-shirt.

By the way, I have replaced the default "no image" file with a circle, which appears on every other category at the moment.

I've scoured the code in all the php and css files for the module but cannot find where it references the image - my expertise is not in javascript or php though. The only reference I can find of the class that the img is under, is '.nav-img', but this just sets the height and width, etc, but not the source of the image.

Can anybody help me locate where this file is specified and change it show the thumbnail in the menu? I was expecting to find something, somewhere which would say, in lamens terms: "use this category id + '0_thumb.jpg'  "

I hope so! thank you.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Nope, nobody offered help (other than people who wanted to charge  - which wasn't worth spending lots of money for a £30 module), and it was never resolved. Contacted PS themselves and after tons of useless replies as usual, finally got a refund.