How to install and modify a themplate?

Hi,

I would like to know how to install a template? Once a template is installed, does it affect the functionalities/ modules?

And is it complicate to modify the template? I simply want to change the colors.

I have Rumah Batik Theme in mind.

Thank you.

Topic moved

That theme is designed for PrestaShop v1.2.5, so you'll be missing out on all the bug fixes and improvements in the PrestaShop v1.3 theme. Also, it doesn't include the security fixes to the PrestaShop v1.3.1 theme. You'll need to modify errors.tpl and shopping-cart.tpl and add the fixes yourself.

To install the theme, download the archive off the site, then upload the themes and modules to your website, though you'll be overwriting the fixes made in PrestaShop v1.3 to those modules. You can then go to Preferences > Appearance to select the theme, then set up your module positions like in the screenshot in the archive.

No, the standard template that comes in the PrestaShop v1.3.1 archive already has the fixes. The one from the PrestaShop v1.3 archive needs to be updated though. Most themes available on the forums were based on previous versions of the standard template. The theme creators need time to recreate their themes based on the PrestaShop v1.3.1 theme, if they are interested in doing that.

There are instructions on the blog on what security fixes were applied to PrestaShop v1.3.1. Here's what you must do with a PrestaShop v1.2.5 theme to add the security fixes in PrestaShop v1.3.1:

File: /themes/yourtheme/errors.tpl:
Where: line 9
Replace: {$smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}
By: {$smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|secureReferrer}

File: /themes/yourtheme/shopping-cart.tpl:
Where: line 255
Replace: {$smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}
By: {$smarty.server.HTTP_REFERER|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'|secureReferrer}

What if the version i have is a 1.2.6? If I upgrade to v 1.3, will the template be automatically updated with all the security updates? What if I download the templates, and THEN I upgrade to v1.3.1? will that work?

So I guess I better just buy a template on Prestashop that is compatible with the V1.3... I never purchased on the shop before, but if I buy a template, can anyone install it for me? Or do I have to install it myself?

You should get better support from a paid theme than a free one, but be careful. Some theme creators may say that their theme is compatible with PrestaShop v1.3 even though they haven't updated their theme, since technically v1.2.5 themes do work in PrestaShop v1.3, they just don't have the security fix or bug fixes from the PrestaShop v1.3 theme.

I'm using v1.3.0.10 version for the Prestashop now... Should I upgrade to v1.3.1 for the security upgrade?

How can I distinguish between a real compatible them vs a fake one? I like the Fashion_white 1.3 and the Rumah Batik. Are they compatible with v1.3.1?

You can check css/global.css in the theme. The PrestaShop team changed the CSS code formatting style in PrestaShop v1.3. If the last item in each CSS block ends in a ; then it is probably a PrestaShop v1.2.5 theme. If there is no semicolon on the last item of each CSS block, then it is probably a PrestaShop v1.3 theme. Also, search errors.tpl and shopping-cart.tpl in the theme for the text "secureReferrer". If that text doesn't exist, then the security fixes from PrestaShop v1.3.1 are missing, so the theme was not designed for PrestaShop v1.3.1.