Changes to 1.2.5 theme so its compatible with 1.3.1

Hi I've downloaded a theme to my local machine, where I'm building my site before launching on the net, and I stupidly downloaded a theme for 1.2.5 (PAID) It docent display correctly on my site. The footer and header do not display correctly, although the rest of the site does.

I've tried clicking the 1.1v compatibility in the preference tab and that doesn't work either. Is it a case of waiting for the people i bought it off to upgrade this template or is it something I can do (nearly a complete newb)

Thank you for your help in advance

Daniel

Its on my local machine only thats the problem I've got, but the working demo is on this url

http://www.myecommercetemplates.com/prestashop/PRE032/

The home, account etc menu is not shown on the header, the contact us and bookmark are black and there is a grey rectangle around the search bar.

On the footer the background is there but none of the details or images

I've contacted the seller but still waiting on an answer (not holding much hope on them getting back to me)

Thank you for your help guys

I guees there have to be some kind of module that controls the top menu (Home, Your Account, etc). Check to see that you have that menu installed correctly. Perhaps there is another version of it that works with v1.3.1.

Have you checked that the footer menu module is activated (block various links) and that the pics for payment is installed?

I've sorted it, one of the modules that came with the theme wasnt installed correctly, I've since re-downloaded and its fine. Thank you Minh for helping me out.

I now have another problem though, the big banner at the top of the page is by default in two halves (top and bottom) as i want to be able to link the pictures to products within the store i want to change it to 3 hoizontal chunks, so i can add a hyperlink to each section. I've put in "banner3" in the header tpl and i've changed it all in global css, but whats happening is instead of running horizontally along the page they are stacking vertically. Can someone please tell me what I'm missing here???

The code in the tpl file is:

{$HOOK_TOP}

and the code in the global css is:

#headerTop{background:url(../img/bg_top.png) top center no-repeat;height:108px;}
div#banner1{width:326px;height:322px;background:url(../img/banner_1.jpg) no-repeat;clear:both}
div#banner2{width:327px;height:322px;background:url(../img/banner_2.jpg)}
div#banner3{width:327px;height:322px;background:url(../img/banner_3.jpg)}

Thank you for your help

25005_XNXQF1s9z86RmCEVWndj_t

Hi thank you for having a look for me, I've put your suggested code there and it makes the banner dissappear, the rest of the site has held its position, as if the banner is there but cannot been seen

The code is now as follows

#headerTop{background:url(../img/bg_top.png) top center no-repeat;height:108px;}
div#banner1{width:326px;height:322px;background:url(../img/banner_1.jpg)no-repeat;clear:both;float:left;display:inline;}
div#banner2{width:327px;height:322px;background:url(../img/banner_2.jpg)float:left;display:inline;}
div#banner3{width:327px;height:322px;background:url(../img/banner_3.jpg)float:left;display:inline;}

25029_hSzbtcibKpuq2Csch3Up_t

You are missing ; after

background:url(../img/banner_2.jpg)

in all divs 2 and 3

div#banner2{width:327px;height:322px;background:url(../img/banner_2.jpg);float:left;display:inline;}
div#banner3{width:327px;height:322px;background:url(../img/banner_3.jpg);float:left;display:inline;}

You could use this

<div id="banner1" onclick="location.href='http://www.example.com';" style="cursor:pointer;">

But whole approach with 3 divs is wrong, you should use unordered list, something like this

></pre>
<ul>
<a href=""..    >

And style it in global.css.