Prestashop 1.7 new install unable to access admin

I installed restashop 1.7.0.2 in a test folder on my site, to check it out. everything installed ok and I can see the front office, but I am unable to access admin, not even the login page.

In firefox I get:

The connection was reset message

and in Chrome I get:

The myshop.co.uk page isn’t working

myshop.co.uk didn’t send any data.
ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

I have checked the error log in Cpanel and it's empty

Can you help please

When PrestaShop is freshly installed, the directory name of the admin panel is 'admin' but when the admin panel is accessed for the first time it is replaced with some random string appended to 'admin'.

Please try checking the directory of PrestaShop and see what is the name of your admin directory and try accessing the back office using the correct URL.

Note: Also rename the 'install' directory in the root directory of PretaShop to any other name.

I have checked the admin folder, and its the same name as I am typing. the install folder has been removed as advised in the instructions.

Although this is the first time I hve tried installing Prestashop 1.7, I already run a shop using prestashop 1.6.1.9, however I wanted to see what 1.7 has to offer so installed it within a test folder. something I have done with each major change in prestashop over the last 3 years with no problems.

Reading through the forum it seems others are also having a similar issue, I have seen no successful advice on how to resolve it. There are no error mssages and I have turned error reporting to true.

I have the same Problem with Version 1.7.

I get an "Internal Server Error" message when I type in the URL for the admin area.

I checked the Folder via FTP. the folder name is still admin and i deleted the install folder.

There are no error message even if I turn the error reporting to true.

Every help is apreciated. Thanks