[SOLVED]Setup so USA tax in only collected at checkout.

How do I setup Prestashop to collect tax only at checkout for the order subtotal amount, and only for the state of Alabama. I don't know code, so I would need step by step directions. To be exact, I need 8% sales tax charged at checkout for only customers purchasing from Alabama. No tax collected from any other state. No tax included in product price. Thank you for your help. So far I love Prestashop! :-)

Thank you for your help. I also had to delete my cookies to make things work.

If you want to setup taxes read through this wiki: http://www.prestashop.com/wiki/Taxes/
Step by step instructions to apply tax to a specific state is explained near the end of the wiki.

If you are using v1.2.5, you can set the prices to exclude tax through the BO. This displays all prices without the tax even for a registered user from a tax applicable state, but for these users tax will be applied at the end (assuming you set everything up according to the wiki I mentioned above). To do this... In the BO, go to the "Preferences" tab >> "Products" >> "Price Display" -- change this to "Tax Excluded."

There are some issues with doing this especially if you are using attributes... for real basic tax included or excluded issues this works fine, but for more complex setups using multiple attributes this setting is not a perfect fix. To fix this issue and for any shop in the US, I highly recommend implementing Tomerg3's "Tax on one line" modification! You can check it out and the reviews at his website: www.presto-changeo.com

HTH

• 3 weeks later...

And after you buy Tomers Tax fix, Ill sell you the tax fix for the Back Office for $5. It works with Tomers in that it shows the Back Office correctly when looking at an order. This is essential if you are selling in the US!