Product does not add/update [1.7]

Karl.Kittler

I'm a former Magento user of three years, moved to Presta after moving to a new server took down a customer's store. The old server and the new server should be identical in every way except IP and physical location. Attempting to migrate to a new version of Magento was an exercise in frustration lasting four days, so I thought PrestaShop would be the solution. Now I'm in a bind trying to get this new store up and running.

I'm experiencing two problems.

First, I can make changes to products sometimes, sometimes they changes say successful, however, backing out to the catalog and back into the product, I find the changes did not save. This isn't always the case, but it seems once it gets stuck, I can't change that product any more. A different product may or may not have this issue.

Second problem, I've hit some sort of snag at product #22, it simply doesn't save to the catalog. I've looked in the database and some records (ps_product for instance) have a product ID of 23. That would be two attempts beyond #21, which was saved and I did try to add two products.

I have looked at the "Difficulty registering 1.6.x products" thread https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/563269-for-those-who-find-difficulty-to-register-products-with-prestashop-1617/

And it does not appear to apply to me since I didn't find the file in question.

I have tried both Chrome and IE and have the same result.

I have tried starting completely from scratch in case my meddling in the DB caused the problem, but it happened on the fresh install too.

Only changes were adding the PayPal free module and basic store front changes like store name.

Any help would be appreciated.

In my opinion the best advice for now is to stay with Prestashop 1.6.x for some time...

I actually tried that, the interface (for me, a brand new user) is no where near as intuitive as 1.7. Other than this one product related issue and some minor design items, the store is ready to go, just short about 50% of the total offerings.

I tried importing the remaining products via CSV, now the products that were there are hosed and there's only a handful of the new products. Import file was really simple, product name, price, category and description. The records still exist in the main product table and all the new products imported got a row too, however, only six show up in the interface.

Since I'm having issues with Presta 1.6 as well (will tell me I have to select a category, but there's no category option, can't modify shippers - no save button), I'm going to have to search for another solution again.

I'm rather disappointed because Presta seemed so promising and I've invested a dozen more hours I don't have trying to make it work.