Disable login system

roel-vogel

You can remove all the links to the login page to make it look like you can't login, but it is impossible to make an order without created an account. Do you want customers to be able buy products from your website or are you just providing contact details so they can manually order?

Thanks for your reply. I actually want them to buy products. I only want thme to enter their address and name, not an account. It is because I want to use prestashop inside a platform at which the user is already logged in. So it will be strange to the user to create an other account for the webshop only.

• 1 year later...
You can remove all the links to the login page to make it look like you can't login, but it is impossible to make an order without created an account. Do you want customers to be able buy products from your website or are you just providing contact details so they can manually order?

How would I go about doing this? I've tried editing blockuserinfo.tpl but short of deleting the whole file I can't get it to remove just the login buttons and text

for PS 1.4
don't forget to enable "Force Compiple", otherwise you won't see any changes.
then, try to change the blockuserinfo.tpl into this:

{*

{l s='Welcome' mod='blockuserinfo'},
       {if $cookie->isLogged()}
{$cookie->customer_firstname} {$cookie->customer_lastname}
           (getPageLink('index.php')}?mylogout" title="{l s='Log me out' mod='blockuserinfo'}">{l s='Log out' mod='blockuserinfo'})
       {else}
getPageLink('my-account.php', true)}">{l s='Log in' mod='blockuserinfo'}
       {/if}

*}

{if !$PS_CATALOG_MODE}

getPageLink("$order_process.php", true)}" title="{l s='Your Shopping Cart' mod='blockuserinfo'}">{l s='Cart:' mod='blockuserinfo'}
{$cart_qties}
{l s='product' mod='blockuserinfo'}
{l s='products' mod='blockuserinfo'}
           {if $cart_qties >= 0}

{if $priceDisplay == 1}
                       {assign var='blockuser_cart_flag' value='Cart::BOTH_WITHOUT_SHIPPING'|constant}
                       {convertPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(false, $blockuser_cart_flag)}
                   {else}
                       {assign var='blockuser_cart_flag' value='Cart::BOTH_WITHOUT_SHIPPING'|constant}
                       {convertPrice price=$cart->getOrderTotal(true, $blockuser_cart_flag)}
                   {/if}

{/if}
{l s='(empty)' mod='blockuserinfo'}

{/if}
       {*
getPageLink('my-account.php', true)}" title="{l s='Your Account' mod='blockuserinfo'}">{l s='Your Account' mod='blockuserinfo'}
       *}

• 3 years later...