"Display all pictures" not showing in 1.7 ?

eternalone

Hello, I am new to PrestaShop but not new to PHP development.

I've seen in other versions of PrestaShop have "Display All Pictures" after you select the

color for your product.

But it does not work in my store, is it a bug? or new feature?

You can see the bug here:

http://shopgymnastics.ca/en/pastorelli-senior-gym-clubs-fig-approved/14-73-pastorelli-4520-cm-connectable-bicolour-clubs-mod-masha-fig-approved.html#/30-pastorelli_color-black_orange

Should I try PrestaShop 1.6?

Is 1.7 still to early to adopt to a real working online shop?

Thank you

I think "Display all pictures" button has been removed (not a bug) in PS 1.7. I'm not sure whether they will consider adding it in future versions.

The product images are displayed directly based on its default combinations.

Yes, its too early to use PS 1.7 as real working online shop. You should wait for atleast one (or maybe two) months.

If you can't wait, I would suggest to go with PS 1.6 which is much more stable at the moment.

• 10 months later...

Before 1.7, Prestashop would use all images. This required all image thumbnails to be downloaded. Not a good thing when your product has over 30 colors. Now it only downloads the image thumbnails that you assign to the selected combination. 

You can still emulate the old behavior by assigning all images to your default combination. Simply put the image you want as the "cover" to the beginning of your images. For the rest of your combinations just assign only the images that matter. Now when you choose your combos, you may display multiple images for each combo, and have all images show when the default combo is selected.

To create a restore all images link, just create a link to your default combo. Put that link wherever you like. This is where a module like HTML Box PRO comes in very handy. It lets you put HTML almost anywhere you want without modifying your theme. https://mypresta.eu/modules/front-office-features/html-box-pro.html

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...