Always a timeout when loading the product backend page.

James77

Dear,

We have always the problem when we open in the backend the products to edit that the page still loading and loading.

Then there is a pop-up showing:

(time-out)

There was a server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.

Please try again by refreshing the page.

If you are still having problems, please check the log files on your server or contact your hosting provider for help.

My server telling me there is nothing to see in the error files. So please contact your prestashop.

I'm running default-bootstrap.

What can I do?

Best regards,

Dave.

You activated the debug mode ? Which errors are you having ? https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

Which configuration does your server have ?

prestashop version

php-version

memory_limit

max_execution_time

max_input_time

You are using non native modules ? If yes disable them, and all overrides too. On your back-office Tab: "Advanced Parameters ->  performance -> debug mode: both options set to YES and save".

• 3 months later...

James,

This is a resource problem on your server and must be addressed at the server level. Prestashop is extremely heavy on the backend product edit page, and given the variables in hosting options, the best way to get this resolved is to contact your hosting provider and see if they can help you with your php.ini settings.

My settings are as follows:

memory_limit = 1024M
max_execution_time = 3600
max_input_time = -1
max_input_vars = 3000
suhosin.post.max_vars = 3000
suhosin.request.max_vars = 3000

Hope this helps.