How long to wait for custom module?

cgy dad

Hello

We had a need for a custom shipping module to be built. After discussions with a few developers, we chose a Prestashop Authorized Developer (not the cheapest!). We paid the full price upfront and now it has been over 6 months, we have had a few attempts at having a properly working module but it is not working and the developer has not replied to our emails.

I will not name the developer (yet) as I wanted to hear from the community to see what they think should be done. I believe I have been more than patient in waiting this long.

My thoughts are they under estimated the work involved and do not want to proceed any further even though they provided a fixed price quote.

Please let me know your thoughts.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Enrique,

Thank you for your reply, we started to get some emails back as it was a family emergency that took him away from the job. Things have started again but progressing very slowly. I do not want to say who it is in good faith.

El Patron,

Yes, the 50 / 50 is ideal but it still doesn't solve the trust issue for either party, with other jobs I have done I would now only go with ODesk / Upwork or one of the others and this protects both parties and split the surcharge with the contractor.