database passwords error - update presta 1.2.4 to 1.3 - odrer problems and authentications

Hi I install new final presta 1.3 I have a problem with logins and passwords.

I back up database from old shop and upload it to new one.
After upload database I try log-in to new shop and I can't. There is problem with "authentication failed".

The second error is. When I install presta in my hosting in folder presta1.3 - domain: mypresta.olddomain.com/presta1.3.
When I want to connect new domain, I changed path in back office and connect new domain. e.g mypesta.com
but now when I want to change a language, there is a problem: there is no lang-file on mypresta.com and it try to find it still in

The requested URL /presta1.3/lang-en/ was not found on this server.

why passwords and languages didn't work?

while I try to create new customer account there is an error

There is 1 error :

1. an error occurred while creating your account

« Back

the same problem when I updated presta 1.2.4 to 1.2.5

after when I upload presta database I can't log in Back Office - admin password doesn't work (I need to recover it)
when I am in shop and try to log in to custorer accont I can't the same problem.

what going on with my database?

how to repair it?

Please help me

ok ... first about the language
try this:
yourwebsite.com/presta1-3/index.php?id_lang=1
yourwebsite.com/presta1-3/index.php?id_lang=2
etc etc...

and about the Creating the account problem i think it's because you uploaded the database without the config folder ... because the cookie key, so try to change it again to the old one
Example:
define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'mfdgwsrggfgbdtyu5674563456468utyjdghjghkfy3523wrtehfdjkv');

i hope it work with you man
:-)

Greetings from Egypt

Thank you :)
I spent few hours to solve it :D

the problem was from COOKIE

I founded problem

when I was uploading a files it is necessary to upload settings.inc.php from config

rember about:
OOKIE_KEY
COOKIE_IV

not only about password, name, login to database

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'f3cLEK3TXaPYRnh4CGCW_____EXAMPLE_COOKIE_KEY_____7ZVrNijGgK1eoYq0VWIyC4BN');
define('_COOKIE_IV_', 'EXAMPLE_KEY');

Damn i thought that i also was getting crazy, i also had the problem that i not could login anymore with password and also failure with retrieving the password emailing.
The cookie set into the new settings.inc.php did solved it.
So many thanks for the solution ;)

Best regards,

ysco..

Hello adamus007p,

Will test it also, will let you know the results, it is not working out off the box this time.
All other prestashop versions no problems with updates but with this new final 1.3 version i also have strange things.

ysco..

It seems that the database structure from earlier versions off prestashop differs from 1.3 and thats why it won`t work.
It is ridiculous that you can`t do a clean install off prestashop 1.3.xx and then simply import the old database from 1.2.4 or 1.2.5 cause it won`t work cause the database structure is different.
So you can only do a upgrade cause the database is converted then automatically to the right format.
Prestashop is great but i don`t like the lack off support, there are more people that have this problem and still no one offers a solution.
All i want to do is a clean install off prestashop 1.3.xx and then import the old database, i don`t want a upgrade in this case cause i want a fresh install with my new buyed theme so that all is fresh.
But there is no other way then upgrade cause otherwise it won`t work.

ysco..

Hello adamus007p

Just read the info from rocky that made a how to upgrade here http://www.nethercottconstructions.com/content/7-prestashop-installation-guide ( thanks rocky )

Will try a upgrade in a few hours and see how that goes, i must first remove some installations as onepage checkout and remove all info from database otherwise i get a blank screen and the site won`t works.
Also i must replace all modified files from onepage checkout with the original ones.

Will let you know the results.

ysco..

• 9 months later...

I founded problem

when I was uploading a files it is necessary to upload settings.inc.php from config

rember about:
OOKIE_KEY
COOKIE_IV

define('_COOKIE_KEY_', 'f3cLEK3TXaPYRnh4CGCW_____EXAMPLE_COOKIE_KEY_____7ZVrNijGgK1eoYq0VWIyC4BN');

hi adamus007b,

great that you solved your problem. I have the same every once in a while except that only some customers cannot login; I mean, maybe all but only some complain. I am just afraid that all are affected but just don't complain.

anyway, neither did I update PS (running at 1.3.2.3) nor did I change any DB settings, All I did - but I do this pretty regularly - is update the DB by adding new products and make backups of the DB in the BO and save them on my harddrive, but I never used them so far, So my cookie key should be the same. How comes that my customers receive authentication errors and even resetting the password does not help? all that seems to help is if I manually change the password in the BO and send that to the customer. And I am not aware that I ever changed the cookie key or ever changed/copied/pasted my settings.inc.php file?

Well, no I just saved the settings.inc.php file for future reference and have the cookie key in case I need it. But what shall I do now / next? I mean I have no 'old' settings.inc.php which I could copy back on my server. There is only this 1 settings.inc.php (except the backup copy I just made 2 mins ago now). I mean, shall I next time a customer has a login problem verify that the cookie key on the server is the same as in my backup file?

any help for dummies is appreciated
phil

I founded problem

rember about:
OOKIE_KEY
COOKIE_IV

hi adamus007b,

great that you solved your problem. I have the same every once in a while except that only some customers cannot login; I mean, maybe all but only some complain. I am just afraid that all are affected but just don't complain.

anyway, neither did I update PS (running at 1.3.2.3) nor did I change any DB settings, All I did - but I do this pretty regularly - is update the DB by adding new products and make backups of the DB in the BO and save them on my harddrive, but I never used them so far, So my cookie key should be the same. How comes that my customers receive authentication errors and even resetting the password does not help? all that seems to help is if I manually change the password in the BO and send that to the customer. And I am not aware that I ever changed the cookie key or ever changed/copied/pasted my settings.inc.php file?

Well, no I just saved the settings.inc.php file for future reference and have the cookie key in case I need it. But what shall I do now / next? I mean I have no 'old' settings.inc.php which I could copy back on my server. There is only this 1 settings.inc.php (except the backup copy I just made 2 mins ago now). I mean, shall I next time a customer has a login problem verify that the cookie key on the server is the same as in my backup file?

any help for dummies is appreciated
phil

Hi, what do you want to do?

You need copy old version: settings.inc.php form folder config - if you want to update your prestashop.

Try to update your presta to new realise, maybe there are a bugs, you have old version.

Remamber to copy/ back you all your files and your database, before start update shop.