Installed Prestashop but can't enter back office

Hello,

I'm a guy who's completely new to this. 

I downloaded Prestashop yesterday (the latest version I suppose), and installed it. 

After having struggeled through the information everything seemed to be working fine. The website was up and running and so on. But when I tried to access the back office today I could not do it. I just got an 404 message saying the site does not exist.

I have erased the installation folder. I have also renamed the admin folder. I use the following link to access the back office:

mydomainname.de/myadmin. I use Windows 10 if that's relevant.

Can anyone help me figuring out what the problem is? Please note that I'm not an IT-guy... don't know anything about this so please be pedagogic  :(

Edited by rush-trading (see edit history)

They say that the admin folder is renamed during install and I found this happened on the version 1.6. You are then given and address to go to which is something like http://yoursite.com/admin-4653291 the added number is your registered and setup administration which I am guessing is for purchasing of other modules to extend the function ability of your shop.

However saying this I have now downloaded Version 1.7 to put on another domain of mine and having all sorts of problems, some which extend to file and folder permissions which you can set for each of your folders and files in your file manager if you use C-panel with a hosting site.

I was able to change the permissions on some files like index.php to 755 in order to have the site function, but are having a similar problem cause although I am now accessing the backend (admin area) I have this little preston bird character saying welcome to your site im here to show you around and two buttons 1) lets get started 2) Later I tried lets get started and the thing just hangs and goes nowhere. I try Later and also the cross at the top to close the popup but it wont go.

It is frustrating as I can see the back end menu etc and want to start on the site but have no access.

Now getting back to your problem, my folder also was named ADMIN and I was accessing that at first but after about 2hrs it changed to include numbers and letters after the admin ....similar to the version 1.6  just there was a huge delay. I am concerned that maybe the fact that you changed your folder name before it had time to finalise and re-name.

You may have to try re-installing it and then walk away and leave it for half a day see if you also have a delay. they also tak about changing some settings in your PHP.ini file if you can access it, if not may need your hosting company to either mke it access able for you or do the changes for you....hope this has some help.

Edited by energlite (see edit history)