<SOLVED>using css float in editorial

First off a thanks to all the users on here who help people here like me. I have been reading here for a while but never posted because all my questions usually can be found in a search.

My problem is I have removed the logo and inserted a pic using the home page editor. Now I have a large blank space to the right of the pic. Anything else I type will be displayed under the pic instead of to the right of it. So I have the pic in one set of

tags and floated a set of
tags to the right with the rest of my text but it still shows up below the pic. I have tried a few other methods but this seemed the most logical too me.

I do not have a lot of knowledge with smarty or php but so far have been able to find my way around. What am I doing wrong? Thanks again to anyone who can help me out. Here is my attempt:

Eventually we will have a bunch of nonsense typed in here.

try adding align="middle" to your image tag, and don't forget to close it so the whole thing will look like this....

I'm still learning this whole package as well so this dog might not hunt, but it should.

Regards;
Carl

Sorry it took so long but here is the attached pic. The text will only position itself below the image instead of filling in the blank space to the right. I did remove the homepage_logo line editorial.tpl so the image is inserted in the intro text portion of the editor.

Thanks again for taking the time to move my thread and helping me out.