How to enable special characters in supplier reference field?

It is the following function on line 411 of classes/Validate.php (in PrestaShop v1.3) that validates the reference fields:

static public function isReference($reference)
{
   return preg_match('/^[^<>;={}]*$/ui', $reference);
}

Remove the characters from there that you want to include in the reference field.

It is pSQL($supplier_reference) in classes/Product.php, strip-tags for pSQL comes from classes/db.php, so I just removed the pSQL and leaving it just ($supplier_reference) and it works. Or will it break something else now?

• 2 weeks later...

Now there is the same thing with importing: it says

# (ID 2922) cannot be saved
# You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'http://www......
at the supplier reference field. What is it that prevents special characters to be imported?

I'm not sure what is causing that error. Are you importing attributes? The only thing I could find was the following on line 703 of Product.php in the addProductAttribute function:

'weight' => ($weight ? floatval($weight) : 0), 'reference' => pSQL($reference), 'supplier_reference' => pSQL($supplier_reference), 

which in your case should be:

'weight' => ($weight ? floatval($weight) : 0), 'reference' => pSQL($reference, true), 'supplier_reference' => pSQL($supplier_reference, true), 

I also found the following on lines 417-418 in the getByReference function that you'll need to comment out:

if (!Validate::isReference($reference))
   die(Tools::displayError());