Image Loss/Corrupted

flyclothing

I have run a Prestashop store for about 4 years now and other ecommerce platforms for 12 years. As I start to get the store ready for the holidays, I am continually reminded of reoccurring issues such as: missing USPS shipping methods at checkout, confusing default checkout forms, incorrect dashboard information and missing/lost product images. I have recently noticed that hundreds of product images are now gone or corrupted and I am not sure whether it has to do with: a module, CDN, server or recent Prestashop update  to 1.6.1.8.

Would anyone be able to help me with understanding the image saving process for Prestashop and why the images are rewritten into hundreds of folders rather than where designated originally?  Also, is there any way to retrieve the original image designated for a product through a process rather than going back and manually uploading products for each and every missing image?

Thank you ahead of time.

sample of missing data from generating home_default images:

470 errors

Original image is missing or empty (/home/........./public_html/img/p/1/2/5/0/0/12500.jpg) for product ID 7280
    Original image is missing or empty (/home/......./public_html/img/p/1/2/5/0/4/12504.jpg) for product ID 7282

Other issue where multiple product images have been replaced by this bracelet image on front end but have correct image in admin:

http://www.flyclothing.com/Mens-Clothing/mens-suits/opposuits-treemendous-suit.html

Edited by flyclothing (see edit history)