Browser language not being detected

ptemmerman

Hi,

My site is available in 5 languages. Default language: english.

With the "detect language from browser" option set to YES, I always get the english version, no matter what the Accept-Language header is.

I cleared all cookies (even tried in private browsing tab) and I can with developer tools that my request has the folliwing header:

Accept-Language: "fr,en-US;q=0.7,en;q=0.3"

I even tried other formats as first preferred language: fr-fr, fr-FR, FR-fr. The result is the same.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

El Patrón, muchas gracias.

Actually, before posting on the forums I found your module Googling the problem. As a matter of fact, I wrote you on your chat (well, I just said "Hi" :-) )

The thing is that what I need IS very basic. I read in the module info that Prestashop only looks at the first language code being presented in the Accept-Language header. In my case (PS 1.6.1.7 with Warehouse theme), it doesn't even do that.

Am I right t o assume that this should be working?

Thanks!

El Patrón, muchas gracias.

Actually, before posting on the forums I found your module Googling the problem. As a matter of fact, I wrote you on your chat (well, I just said "Hi" :-) )

The thing is that what I need IS very basic. I read in the module info that Prestashop only looks at the first language code being presented in the Accept-Language header. In my case (PS 1.6.1.7 with Warehouse theme), it doesn't even do that.

Am I right t o assume that this should be working?

Thanks!

Hi, yes I remember on chat, I also live part-time in Spain and will wander off a lot myself...lol

What you need is not 'very' basic, localization is not about guessing....so give me 50 pushups or more....

Yes, basic should work at minimum....and typically theme has nothing to do with it.  Can you PM me here so I can see front office, might even get grandpa to look at back office for any conflict.  abrazos, el