Blank Customer Orders being placed with items remaining in cart

SantieM

Hi there.

I am hoping to find some solutions to a problem that we are experiencing.

We recently upgraded to 1.6.1.7 and have been having problems since.

The main concern is that sometimes when a customer places an order, the order comes through as a blank order without any products. The products can then still be found in the customer's cart, and the order can be done manually through the back office. This does not happen for every order, or for every customer, but happens sporadically. 

Originally this only happened with orders placed using the PayFast payment module, so we uninstalled that, but are now unable to re-install the PayFast module. When we try to re-install PayFast, we get the error: This module is already installed. (When I tried to install it again today to get the error message to post here, however, the module installed as per normal, without any modifications made to the system at all!)

After having problems installing PayFast yesterday, we then decided to go over to a new payment module to accept credit cards, but while we were waiting for the new details on that profile to be registered, we got a new order placed today via Bank Wire, and it now has the same problem of the order being placed by the customer, but in back office it shows up with an order number and no products associated to it. 

Installation type: Update
PrestaShop version1.6.1.7
Theme: Default Bootstrap
CodeAll original, only modifications: HomeCategories and PayFast modules installed
HostingAfrihost
PHP version5.6.24

MySQL version5.6.33
Browser(s) concernedChrome / Mozilla / Edge / Chrome Mobile (Only browsers tested)

If anyone has any answers as to why we are getting blank orders placed, and a way to fix it, I would be very grateful!
Thank you in advance.

Our website URL is: http://www.jizni.co.za

Edited by SantieM (see edit history)

The newest blank order that we received does not even show the items in his cart anymore. The order is just placed as a blank order with no products and I now have no way of finding out what the client tried to order other than contacting him directly. 

Disable all overrides, install/activate one of the standard payment modules and try to place test orders with them (check, bankwire) and verify. I'm sure the problem is coming from one of your foreign payment modules.

To disable overrides: go to tab "Advanced parameters -> performance - disable all non Prestashop modules = YES, disable all overrides = YES -> save. On this same tab go on top to "Clear cache". Than clear also cache of your browser (F5) and try to place orders with the native payment modules.

Thank you for the suggestion. Have uninstalled and disabled PayFast, but will try it this way.

We had the same problem with PayFast uninstalled this morning. 

When a customer places an order, even with only the standard bankwire payment option, it sometimes gets placed with the correct amount, but no products showing. 

In the field where there would normally be an order status, it is also blank. (Waiting for Bank wire Payment or so forth --> now shows blank)

Also, when I place a new order for this customer, I get a blank white screen and the order then gets placed with the same correct total, no order status and no products shown. 

Only after a few tries do I manage to fix things for this customer. (Does not only happen to one customer, but a different ones. Also does not happen for every order placed, as some orders come through fine.)

Also, Error Reporting is currently turned on, with nothing new reported on any page, even when I get the blank white page when creating an order.

Edited by SantieM (see edit history)

You are using different shipping methods ? Any module instead of native configuration (DHL, USPS, etc.) ? The problem can come from there...

I added a testorder with collecting shipping method. Take a look if this order is empty. On customer order panel I can see the product and order is OK. So it could be a problem on customer or shipping method (or at least the product itself). You should test.

So I followed the suggestion to disable all non-Prestashop modules and overrides and everything went well...

Until I logged in today and saw that we had two orders placed again by two different customers, ordering different items, with the same original problem.

This is how the orders appear in my order list:

post-1225777-0-56596900-1478091278_thumb.jpg

When I go to the actual order, the total shows, but there are no products showing.

In the Log, I get this error: 

Frontcontroller::init - Cart cannot be loaded or an order has already been placed using this cart

That is exactly why I started a thread on the forum in the hopes of getting help on the problem. The solutions that I found online do not work.

Interestingly enough, there seems to be a common factor with all of the customers who are getting this error - they are all using ios.