UK Post Codes for takeaway delivery

Sathees

Basically I am making a website for a dessert takeaway that delivers in a small radius, around 6 miles (due to the products perishing very quickly during transport as they are frozen), or for set postcodes.

Is a takeaway based in UK.

As I understand from my searchings in the forum, there is not really an effective option for this, at least for the UK market, is it right, or did I miss any post?

The only thing that seems can be used for this seems http://addons.prestashop.com/en/21893-delivery-cost-by-distance-pro.html (cost by distance), hoping to be able to make any orders from outside the range not able to be completed.

I saw also a post with a free solution that contained a sql that divided UK in 12 Zones, but I don't believe that can help me out here (I can be wrong indeed).

There is also another paid addon with UK Post Codes that is very similar to the free one mentioned before, but again does not contain specific ones.

Any suggestions? Is it the cost by distance addon the only solution for me?

Any advice is welcome, thanks.

Try PrestoChangeo -- Localized Shipping. It handles Zip Codes and Canadian Postal Codes. It should work on UK postal codes as well

http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/shipping-modules/83-localized-shipping.html

Yep I use that. It is great. So you can set up to "post" to postcodes CA1% where the % means any postcode beginning CA1

I would suggest having a big banner on the website though stating where you can deliver to. I would be slightly annoyed if i went through the process only to find at the last minute my postcode was invalid

I use it as well for Canadian postal codes and it has worked perfectly. I create files in Excel and just upload them. Only issue was if the file was too large it would timeout but that was a hosting issue not a module issue and I was using massive files. Cutting the files down into parts solved the problem as would having better hosting.