Change carrier in order after order has been placed

rick0012

Hi all, first up thank you all for this great platform,  Prestashop is just great :)

I have recently launched an online store to sell my handmade crafts, I am new to prestashop. I have run across an issue today. I have signed up with a logistic partner who delivers on almost all location of india. Today I got an order which when I took to my logistics to deliver I got to know that they dont deliver to that location but they were friendly enough to arrange for another courier service which ships to that location.

The issue now is prior to this I only had one carrier in my store and all my orders automatically went through with this carrier but now this order is getting shipped with a new one and I have no way to edit the carrier in the order and as such if i update with the tracking id that I got from this new courier service then the mail will go out with a link of the old courier service tracking id and it will be an invalid tracking id.

How do i update the carrier from this order from the exisitng one to this new one?

Also is it possible to not show the carrier option during checkout to the client, as I wont know before hand which carrier will be able to ship to the clients location.

Hi,

If its a different carrier than the one setup in your shop i advice you to create the new Carrier in your shop. As soon as that is done we can dive into the Database and update the order manually with the new information.I understand that this only involves one order, correct?

Now to your second question: If you don't know which carrier will ship to the customer area, how do you calculate the shipping price at checkout? Or do you have a fix price no matter what carrier or where it ships to?

Cheers,

André

Edited by jetway (see edit history)

Hello,

Thank you for your response :) I have created the new carrier would be great if you could guide me through the db edit.

I have a flat fixed rate on delivery and since I am not actually the one going to the other logistics, I only pay the flat rate to my current logistic who i think has a partnership which the other carrier. I pay my regular rate to the one I signed up with. So i would not want to allow the end user to select a carrier on their own.

Ok,

1. now if you log into your back office and go to Shipping -> Carriers you'll see the id of your new carrier, we could look this up in your database as well but lets go the easy way. You need that number.

2. Now lets open your database, (please be very careful while alternating data in a database. Best is to do a Backup upfront just in case. We could also write sql that would do this for us but lets not make it complicated.)

3. Then Go into your Database and look for the table:  ps_orders and open it. It will show all your orders.

Look for the order you want to change the shipping method. You can find it by browsing or if you go into the orders in your back office and get the Reference or id code.

4. When you found it change the "id_carrier" to the new carrier id you got in step 1 (Since your shipping price did not change, we don't need to update anything else here)

5. Now look for ps_order_carrier and find your order by the order id: change the id_carrier to the new one as well. (Since your shipping price did not change, we don't need to update that)

Important: Please keep in mind, that if the Shipping Cost changes then we would have to alternate much more. Since we are updating this manually prestashop will not recalculate the order total but in your case it remains unchanged.

Now if you go Back into your Back office and into orders and click on the details you'll see the carrier changed to the new one. When requesting a PDF Invoice it will show the new carrier too as Prestashop always creates new pdf when requesting an invoice.

Cheers,

André

post-1027252-0-85255700-1477649632_thumb.jpg

Edited by jetway (see edit history)

• 2 months later...