out of stock

oscar86

Hello!

I wonder if it is possible to allow an order of a product that is out of stock, while at the same time show that said product is out of stock. The implication being that we will purchase it from our supplier as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Carl-Oscar Baumert

You can go to the Preferences > Products tab in the Back Office and change "Allow ordering of out-of-stock products" to "Yes". That will work well if you have set "When out of stock" to "Default" on the "Quantities" tab when you created your products. If you've set your products to "Deny orders", then you'll need to manually change each of your products to "Default" so the main setting can work. You can then enter "Out of stock" as the "Displayed text when backordering is allowed" to display that message in the Front Office.

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I had in mind. :)

The problem is now, though - I have approximately 10 000 products I need to apply this change to. It will take weeks to do it manually. Is there a way to make this change to the whole catalog in one go?

You can run an SQL query on your database using phpMyAdmin. For example:

UPDATE `ps_product` SET `out_of_stock` = 2;
UPDATE `ps_stock_available` SET `out_of_stock` = 2;

This will change all products to "Default".

The "Displayed text when backordering is allowed" is slightly trickier because it's multi-language, so it depends on which languages are installed. Assuming you have only English installed with ID 1, then you can use:

UPDATE `ps_product_lang` SET `available_later` = 'Out of stock' WHERE `id_lang` = 1

You'll need to perform more queries for other languages.