Theme do not activiated

Hello

I bought theme, and tried to activated on prestashop 1.6.1.7, but i get the following error: 

The royaleclairage.fr page isn’t working  

royaleclairage.fr is currently unable to handle this request.

HTTP ERROR 500.

I asked on chat of www.monstertemplates.com, where i bought template, and they say that i must install prestashop 1.6.0.14.

then i install it, but i get same error, reasked www.monstertemplates.com, then they say that Imust set chmod for all files in server(644) and directories(755), in server there are about 7500 files and directories, i supposed that i change chmod. but i get same error, then reasked them again, they reply that i must change chmod for file(-644).

Now I do not know what i must to do.

and I want to know:

1- what is chmod that i must set for files.

2- how i can set chmod for the 7500 files and directories, at the same time, by php script.

another question

when i set "Enabe shop" to value NO, I get the same error

thank you very much

I
Edited by olwan (see edit history)

First template monster have bit starnage policy. I mean they made themplate and leave it.

Do not update it and also often even on version they say it should work it is not true.

You should use latest version mostly for fixed bugs and security updates and theame should work OK 

there too.

For chmod first what is your current permissions ?

Right ones are 644 for files and 755 for directories.

You can check templatemonster tutorial for setting perrmissions with Fillezilla.

There you can set recursive permissions for all files and/or folders.

http://www.templatemonster.com/help/how-to-manage-filesfolders-permissions-with-total-commander-filezilla-and-cpanel-webhost-manager-whm.html

If you still get 500 error you should enable debug mode and see if any error comes up . So check this first

https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/

And post here any error you get.