Groep Acces restrictions ignored when turning on "Show products from subcategories" in Layered Modul

PrestadminOS

I have set up a new 1.6.1.7 install with default theme. I am using group access to determine which groups a logged in user is allowed to see. It works just fine, untill I turn on the option "Show products from subcategories" in the configuration settings of the Layered navigation module.

Then, when a  user opens a parent category, products from all subcategories are displayed. Even products from subcategories (groups) that the user should not have acces to. Good thing is that clicking on such a product, prestashop gives an error message: You do not have access to this product. This message shows us that Presta still knows that this product belongs to a restrcited group. But then why is it shown?

What I want is that a user can see products from subcategories, but only from those categories (groups) that the user has access to.
I could off course turn off the option "Show products from subcategories", but I would like to use this functionality for better navigation and more sales :)

Anyone knows if this is a bug or how to solve it?

Edited by PrestadminOS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...