Stuck in maintenance mode after attempting 1 click upgrade

I thought it would be a good idea to upgrade to the newest version of prestashop and so I enabled the 1 click upgrade module. It said I had to be in maintenance mode in order to update, i clicked on the indicated zone link and it switched me into maintenance mode automatically. After checking out all of the requirements in order to upgrade I decided not to do it after all, but since then I can't get out of maintenance mode!

When I change it to enable shop and click on "save" it gives me the http 500 code and says the page is not available so I am stuck in the back office.  I am a complete prestashop newbie and am not sure what to do. I checked on some forums to see what people recommended. I cleared my cache, but it didn't change anything. I also deleted the 1 click upgrade module. Nothing is working. I have no idea how to write HTML or where to find it in Prestashop. I need help urgently, please!!! :(  Thanks 

post-1307439-0-86284600-1477136305_thumb.png

Edited by razaro
Uppercase title (see edit history)

Hi

Welcome to the forum and sorry you have that issue. First to say in every guide it is recomended 

to first try upgrade on test domain/local host and almost never directly on active store. But lets try to

solve this.

Check https://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/224525-how-to-turn-on-error-reporting-for-debug-information-blank-page-500-internal-server-error/ 

to see how to enable debug mode and when you click save some error should display, Let us know what exactly it is.

One of method you could try is changing value of maintenance directly in database 'PS_SHOP_ENABLE' in configuration table.

But backup db first just to be safe.

• Like 1

Hi,

Thanks so much for helping with this. Like I said, I have practically zero experience with anything IT, I've been figuring things out as I go along, but most of the time i'm completely lost. I downloaded filezilla and managed to access my FTP server, but I have no clue what to do. I got to config/defines.inc.php but there's no "true" or "false" anywhere. I've attached a screenshot, maybe you can help me from here?

post-1307439-0-41567000-1477146370_thumb.png

• 4 years later...

Wow! Five years have gone by and this issue not resolved?

I just did the one click upgrade. My store is now upgraded to 1.7.7.3 but it is of no use - as nobody can see it. The store is stuck in Maintenance Mode.

If I go to General Maintenance, turn off store, save, then turn on store and save again - no help. Stuck in maintenance mode. If I go back to 1-Click Upgrade, the entire checklist completes with ticks *except* "Maintenance Mode" and it says "You need to place your store into Maintenance Mode". However any attempt to go to the store is met with the Maintenance Mode page. ie; no sales for our company.