SlideDeck - Awesome new carousel - Will it work with PS?

If you've not encountered 'SlideDeck', take a look "here":http://www.slidedeck.com.

It's basically an amazing content slider / carousel.

I'll be attempting to display it on my frontpage in the next few days. I'll report back with anything I've learned.

The first problem I can envisage is that it requires the latest JQuery release, not the antiquated version PS uses. I'll have to load the new JQuery version on the frontpage. Not sure how this will effect any other scripted elements on the same page (i.e accordion category menu).

Secondly, creating a module is beyond my skills, so I'll need a way of getting it on the frontpage. The homepage editor isn't ideal (I'm sure I've read it strips out Javascript???). I think I'll use the add stuff module.

Thirdly, there's one of those annoying 'backlinks' on the free version. I don't think it's against their terms to remove it, but just deleting the html doesn't work. Looks like they invoked some sort of Javascript magic to create it, so not sure what I'll need to do to get rid of it.

Lastly, I'll have to style it i.e HTML / CSS / Photoshop etc. I'm pretty confident in this regard so this should be the easy part.

Updates coming soon!

24152_UFhLW65hYoTPcGdJClfp_t