Count back cost price in profit

yaloe

Hello,

Today i edit the cost price for some products.

After i edit the cost price i assume my total profit must gonna change.

But unfortunately it seems the total profit is not effected.

So i want to count back or reset the total profit.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks!

Hi,

Profit is calculated on different factors.

First you have the wholesales prices, this is the price you pay for a product and is required when adding quantity to a certain stock. This is added to the database and is fix for the added quantity. If you go to Stock Movement you'll see everything you added to what price. Now that said, What you paid for you paid for and won't change in the future for a product you bought in the past. (When somebody places an order, prestashop uses the selling price - wholesale price to calculate your profit.) If you go into your database -> orders youll see a line for product a, selling price at the time 3$, wholesale price $1.50)

Second you have the global settings. Fees you pay for a payment provider (see attachment) Changing these figures will have impact on the past. I'm not quite sure why and in my eyes its not correct.

When you add a new product, the wholesale price added is just a default value prestashop will automatically suggest when adding new stock. Changing that will have no impact on profit calculation.

Cheers,

André

post-1027252-0-42496800-1477124476_thumb.jpg

Edited by jetway (see edit history)