link different products quantities

dianamosilva

Hello everyone!

My store is to sell clothing and I have one doubt.

Image I have the same dress in two different colours: black and white. But because I want both images to show separately on my store, I create to different products under titles:

- Velvet Dress - white

- Velvet Dress - black

In both products I have created combinations of size and color, so you can buy the white or the black dress in both product pages. Is there a way that quantities of both products are linked?

Let's say I am really looking for a black dress and I click on the Velvet Dress - black. But than I see the white and I absolutely love it, so I buy the white from the Velvet Dress - black page. And I want the stock to be updated in both Velvet Dress - black and Velvet Dress - white pages.

Thanks! :)

Hello! 

In PrestaShop each of product combinations has its stock. There is no default option to share the stock and manage quantity for different color dresses as single. 

As already mentioned from Iryna each product has it stock. May i ask why you are wanting to link the quantity because you only have a certain amount of black dresses, white and so on. Linking would mean you're showing a wrong value. With some small code adjustment you could show the total quantity of a product line but i do not recommend it.

let me see if I can explain myself better :) I will use an image.

https://s22.postimg.org/ckpkz6fr5/colorswatch.jpg

https://s11.postimg.org/i3vdvrhtv/coloroptions.jpg

as you can see, the dress is the same, different colour.

imagine they are onesize and I have 5 of each.

if someone click on the product of the cream photo and buy a blue one, it should also update the stock of the product in blue.

buy on the left product page, update both so stock is correct

Edited by dianamosilva (see edit history)

if someone click on the product of the cream photo and buy a blue one, it should also update the stock of the product in blue.

buy on the left product page, update both so stock is correct

If you create the combinations in PrestaShop, you get dropdown with colors at product page. Blue, cream, white will be available in the dropdown. Customer should select blue option to add blue dress to cart. Stock for Velvet dress/blue will decrease respectively.