Scout: Can't find theme_variables file

Hello!

I'm trying to create a theme for my shop, but struggling a bit when it comes to the CSS side of things.

I've followed a guide and downloaded Scout, which seems to work fine apart from an issue with the theme_variables file, for example:

11:10:02 AM Error (0x01) - Line: 2 Col: 1
File to import not found or unreadable: theme_variables
Parent style sheet: 
productcomments.scss
1: @import "compass";
2: @import "theme_variables";3:

This is a new theme created from a copy of the default theme (as suggested in the guide), with the CSS files largely untouched. The only file I've touched is the font-awesome files where I updated it to the latest version. I feel like I'm going around in circles, so any pointers would be a massive help.

Thanks in advance.

Edit

I just wanted to add that I've tested this on the default theme too, with the same result

Edited by Parker1090 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I had a look at my website and I see themes/default-bootstrap/sass/_theme_variables.scss. You can try the following:

@import "_theme_variables";

Or you can try renaming _theme_variables.scss to theme_variables.scss to see if that works.

I had a look at my website and I see themes/default-bootstrap/sass/_theme_variables.scss. You can try the following:

@import "_theme_variables";

Or you can try renaming _theme_variables.scss to theme_variables.scss to see if that works.

Are you referring PS 1.7 or PS 1.6 ?