Manually import a language pack not working 1.6.1.7

Ventanazos

Hi everybody,

For several day I've working on a new installation from scratch but Manually import a language pack at localization > translations is not working in 1.6.1.7

On this new store I want to use our own translations we already are using in other store. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but as far as I understand, the procedure is like this.

Step 1

At current store: localization > translations > export a language selecting language and theme.

Step 2

Download and save in your computer the, lests say, sk.gzip file.

Step 3

At new store, localization > translations > Manually import a language pack selecting the file and the theme to which it should be applied and thats it, it should be modified.

Well, i tried this several times in several installations from scratch, changing defualt language, cleanning chache, but no way.

Does anyone can help please?

Edited by Ventanazos (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I am using version 1.6.1.8

I modified the romanian language translation. After that I exported manually and I got a new ro.gzip.

Than I try to import manually it after a new instalation of Prestashop but i have 77 errors: 

Documentation sais that the new ro.gzip should overwrite the old one...

Please help!

post-1094459-0-51202000-1477969927_thumb.png

the problem seems to be with the exported gzip file of version 1.6.1.8.

I exported a gzip language file from version 1.6.1.1 and I imported it to version 1.6.1.8 and it worked withowt errors.

So, I belive the problem is the exported file from version 1.6.1.8.  

That error message means that PHP is unable to check the modified date of the translation files or the content of the translation file contains an error. Check to make sure the translation files are formatted correctly.

You can compare the content of the output from 1.6.1.1 to the output of 1.6.1.8 and see if there's any differences.

Ok thank you.

please note that I made the following steps:

1. install

2. export ro.gzip without making changes

3. delete ro language

4. import manually

5. Error

I don't undersand php code and I don't know to campare formatting, just using backoffice.

thank you.

I see some activity in this forum I've started, but I still don't see any solution yet, I mean a step by step procedure.

I'm not able to solve the problem yet, but if as someone has said before here, 1.6.1.1 works well while 1.6.1.8 or 1.6.1.7 (my case) don't, then the problem is in the gzip generator.

I'm not php proficient enough to realize the differences between those from 1.6.1.1 and 1.6.1.7 (8). But I think if there's a bug it should be there, so it would be a good idea to check those gzip generators.

as the attachment shows, there are empty translations in the ro.gzip exported from v1.6.1.1.

I belive that the the generator deals different with the empty fields when it generates the gzip

please take al look at the attachment

post-1094459-0-72295000-1477999335_thumb.png

Yes, I believe PrestaShop v1.6.1.1 lets you have empty fields and it will just use the default language translation. It seems PrestaShop v1.6.1.8 doesn't and requires all fields to be filled in. Try filling in all your fields and see if that fixes your issue.

in order to work on this I need to know how to build the corect gzip file.

1. extract the gzip file -> tar file

2. extract tar file -> folders and files

3. edit files

4. how to arhchive correctly? what software is needed? I tried and I got a filename.tar.gz (or something like this) but not .gzip

I thin it would be easyer to work with the files and not with the fields in prestashop interface.

please help

Unfortunately I found another problem. I began to fill out the fields but at the section 

ORDER-ADDRESS-MULTISHIPPING-PRODUCTS - 10 EXPRESSIONS 10 MISSING prestashop dose not save my new expressions.

I tried several times but nothing changes.

All the sections before were ok but this has a problem. Because of this problem I can not fill out every field to ensure PrestaShop v1.6.1.8 doesn't requires all fields to be filled in.