Image size problems

peti2ty

I have a problem with my images stored in my prestashop file system. As I see all of my uploaded images are stored one by one in every possible size. It couses for me about 5Gb unnecessary files. Is it possible to store only the original file I uploaded and the system would resize it if it is needed?

Thank you for your answer,

post-1116880-0-74826500-1476097544_thumb.png

Prestashop stores images in different sizes to optimize the load times. If you would load full size images on your category page and then resize them for display it would make the category pages terribly slow and harm your SEO. 

So while you could do what you want by adapting all templates and by removing formats in the Preferences->Images page it definitely is not recommended.

However, in your list you have much more images than are usually used. Very likely most of them are not actively used. Usually this happens because of a change of template but in your case I am not so sure - given the rather weird names of the formats. 

You can use Prestools to regenerate the images and delete those formats that are no longer used. But to be sure whether that is the solution in this case I would need more information.

• Like 1